Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Insurance for OnePlus One

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Looking to get insurance for new OnePlus One purchased and concerned about phone insurance. I like to have insurance due to previous experience. Not looking to get into the pros and cons of phone insurance but looking to see who people insure with?

I insure an S5 with gadget insurance but needs to be bought from Ireland, UK or from US direct from manufacturer. OnePlus One phone does not fit in this so need an alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

chris85 wrote:
    I insure an S5 with gadget insurance but needs to be bought from Ireland, UK or from US direct from manufacturer. OnePlus One phone does not fit in this so need an alternative.

Are they not now purchased on an Irish site and sent from UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

moleyv wrote: »
    Are they not now purchased on an Irish site and sent from UK?

They are just purchased on a .net site which says it ships from a factory within the EU. Need a UK vat number if using UK supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moneill12776

Hi both, has anyone been able to find a willing provider for One Plus insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I've an all risks policy with the house insurance and I was able to put the OnePlus on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mine is insured with Blue Insurance

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Mine is insured with Blue Insurance

That's interesting. I thought Blue Insurance were the underwriters for gadget insurance, and they won't insure anything that wasn't bought new in the UK, Ireland or US. Ever had to make a claim? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, claimed two years ago for a smashed screen and got a brand new OPO as replacement

Price seems to have gone up, I'm still only paying €4.99 including loss

Advertisement