Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best KitKat for €100 ish

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Like the title says. What's the best phone, running 4.4, for around €100.

I'm not expecting high spec for that money, just best bang for the buck euro. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

1st gen moto g, but has a lollipop update available

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

About €100 worth here.

Couldn't resist, sorry!

5746921770_1d60f068f6_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

In shops? I guess either the Samsung Galaxy Core or Sony Xperia E4g from Vodafone or meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

I'd suggest the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime from Vodafone. They have it at €99, but it's dearer on other networks.
    I bought two a couple of weeks back for my daughters' birthday and I'm impressed.
    It's only got 1GB of RAM, but it's quad core, supports 4G, and has 8GB storage as well as an SD slot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

niallb wrote: »
    I'd suggest the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime from Vodafone. They have it at €99, but it's dearer on other networks.
    I bought two a couple of weeks back for my daughters' birthday and I'm impressed.
    It's only got 1GB of RAM, but it's quad core, supports 4G, and has 8GB storage as well as an SD slot.

Would the E4g not be better due to the screen, as its IPS vs the TFT on the core prime, as well as the quite low screen res.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

E4G wasn't available a few weeks before the birthday I bought the Core Prime for. While it looks at least as good as the Samsung on paper, I can only recommend what I've used myself.

The answers to the question "Which Phone?" change every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

niallb wrote: »
    E4G wasn't available a few weeks before the birthday I bought the Core Prime for. While it looks at least as good as the Samsung on paper, I can only recommend what I've used myself.

The answers to the question "Which Phone?" change every day!
    Just in case anyone is interested in a 5" €100 phone. The Vodafone Smart 6 is out now. http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go

It's basically the same specs as the e4g but with a larger screen.

Advertisement