Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer reading

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am thinking about reading around my subjects over the summer to get a better grasp on them, rather than studying. Is this a good idea?

If it is, could people please recommend some books for me? :P

My subjects are : English, Irish, maths, French, art, history and physics but feel free to recommend books for other subjects as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

For English if you haven't done your comparative yet you should ask your teacher what books you're going to be studying and then read them over the summer to get a head start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

emersyn wrote: »
    For English if you haven't done your comparative yet you should ask your teacher what books you're going to be studying and then read them over the summer to get a head start

This.
    Also, with English in mind, read as much as you can from as many genres as possible. A few examples would include magazine articles, reviews (music, gigs etc), property supplements... it all helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Read happy books and go out and live a life, my recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I recommend enjoying your summer. I agree with the above, reading books you have an interest in etc. If you could find an interesting history topic it would also be useful as you could use this for your project if it was suitable and that's 20% of your grade.

I would say to download an app like Duolingo and practise some French and Irish from time to time too, just to keep things fresh.

I presume you enjoy art, so practice sketching objects and drawing people etc too but do not do any work that will stress you out too much.

Other than that have a good summer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If you like art, a visit to a gallery wouldn't go amiss.

Try not to spend your summer worrying about 6th year and the Leaving Cert. Take it easy for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Please go out and enjoy your summer, don't hole yourself inside reading about school! You'll be so sick of school work by the time the leaving cert rolls around (believe me I've been studying since October and I just want the leaving cert to be over at this stage!!). Enjoy the summer and start the hard work at school. Do something fun and possibly education related if you really insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Alright, thanks :)

Advertisement