Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buchanan Clarke & Wells

Options
  • 27-04-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I know this is an old thread but I've been getting phone calls off this lot on my house phone which isn't in the phone book. It's just recored message stating a reference number and phone number to return their call. They never mention my name nor do I have any debts that I can recall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out to a new thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They only seem to be a bother to people that are an easy trarget, show signs of weakness and who have a conscience. Don't put yourself on that list by calling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

They bother people whom they're paid by a company to go after for money they owe. A company can liaise with a third party agent to represent them for recovery of a debt. This is completely legit/above board - and outlined in a service provider's contract given to the customer.
    Might not agree with their approach, but they don't just decide to contact people for the craic.

If you don't owe anything OP, how do they have your number? Maybe they have your number by accident due to someone accidentally inputting another phone number incorrectly - shur all you have to do is contact them to suggest this. If you don't owe them anything, that'll be the end of it. If you ignore this, the calls will keep being made to you and annoying you.

Advertisement