Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography &sociology TCD

Options
  • 27-04-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im currently sixth year student and Im planning to take this course, will anyone give me an insight of this course, like is it any good. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

2nd year Geography and Sociology Student here.
    Any course is only what you make of it,if you have a passion for Geography and a desire to learn about sociology well then you will find the course 'good' and you will enjoy yourself.
    I have just finished my 2nd year Sociology exams today and the one thing I would say about Sociology is that in 2nd year it becomes a lot more interesting as first year can be quite heavy on the theory side.
    Geography tends to be quite a tight knit group of people and the main group of my friends would come from Geography. The department is taking a hammering from the HEA and Trinity so we could see module choices drop in the coming years.
    The Geography and Sociology model is the most popular Geography TSM combination so you will have plenty of people to make friends with.
    The Geography Society is also quite closely tied with the Geography Department and is no where near as nerdy as it sounds,we do very little academic stuff and mostly just go on the piss in far flung places. This year was Riga,Latvia.
    To be honest if you actually want to study Geography and Sociology and not do it because it seems like an easy course which it certainly isn't, then its the course for you.

Any further questions just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 yasminesue

2nd year Geography and Sociology Student here.
    Any course is only what you make of it,if you have a passion for Geography and a desire to learn about sociology well then you will find the course 'good' and you will enjoy yourself.
    I have just finished my 2nd year Sociology exams today and the one thing I would say about Sociology is that in 2nd year it becomes a lot more interesting as first year can be quite heavy on the theory side.
    Geography tends to be quite a tight knit group of people and the main group of my friends would come from Geography. The department is taking a hammering from the HEA and Trinity so we could see module choices drop in the coming years.
    The Geography and Sociology model is the most popular Geography TSM combination so you will have plenty of people to make friends with.
    The Geography Society is also quite closely tied with the Geography Department and is no where near as nerdy as it sounds,we do very little academic stuff and mostly just go on the piss in far flung places. This year was Riga,Latvia.
    To be honest if you actually want to study Geography and Sociology and not do it because it seems like an easy course which it certainly isn't, then its the course for you.

Any further questions just ask!
    thanks for this piece of information, I just wonder what kind of career you can pursue with this degree. what kind of jobs did former students get into. thanks

Advertisement