Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a D750?

Options
  • 27-04-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Want to make the jump to Full Frame and have decided on the Nikon D750 (from a D7000 & D90)

Just wondering where I can get it at best price (Body only)?

Dublin shops seem to be around €2100. There seems to be great value on eBay for new d750s, coming in around 1600 but presume these would subject to Customs charges? Have had a look at the "E-Global Central" thread also where it's available at a similarly low price - but would this come with warranty?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Any thoughts? Was hoping to get it this weekend. Have been thinking that something this expensive, I'd be worried about not having the proper EU warranty. So perhaps buying local would be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Got it in Conn's. Thread can be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

would you mind telling us what did you pay for it?
    I know its bit late now but i did see it on Amazon.de for 1800 euro .

I'm in a same boat.. I want to move to FF but i have been with Canon for last 10 years. I dont have too much glass to stop me going with D750 which is by all means superb camera BUT there is Canon 6DMk2 coming out next year... hard decisions...

EDIT:
    Wow , just noticed its €2149 just for body in Conn's! Thats some Irish price tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

paid less that 1500 (IIRC) for one on e-global when we had really good exchange rates. Absolute bargain it was, enough to warrant it being a grey import.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

paid less that 1500 (IIRC) for one on e-global when we had really good exchange rates. Absolute bargain it was, enough to warrant it being a grey import.

It's still around €1500.

Any issues buying from e-global and were you hit with import taxes?

:)

• Advertisement

Nope, arrived perfect with no additional charges. The actual package was shipped from the UK to me so I guess they send to an EU destination and re-distribute.

edited to add: 1,448.99 for the D750 (50 quid discount as it was on sale) and also got two Lexar 32 gig SD cards as they were 30 for two of them.

Lexar 200X 32GB 30MB/s Professional SD Memory Card Code: CMEMLEX00012

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nothrowaway

Nope, arrived perfect with no additional charges. The actual package was shipped from the UK to me so I guess they send to an EU destination and re-distribute.

edited to add: 1,448.99 for the D750 (50 quid discount as it was on sale) and also got two Lexar 32 gig SD cards as they were 30 for two of them.

Lexar 200X 32GB 30MB/s Professional SD Memory Card Code: CMEMLEX00012

What's the comeback on e-global? If your camera has a fault, where do you stand?

You ship it back to them for a replacement/fix or use a 3rd party repair place and pay for it yourself with the 600 odd quid you saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

you did well. I buy my cameras in conns too. I use to get them from the US but I like conns customer service. I had a problem with my d700 a couple of years ago and they sent me a replacement d700 with an overnight courier to keep me going while they were fixing mine. In my opinion that's worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nothrowaway

Yanu wrote: »
    you did well. I buy my cameras in conns too. I use to get them from the US but I like conns customer service. I had a problem with my d700 a couple of years ago and they sent me a replacement d700 with an overnight courier to keep me going while they were fixing mine. In my opinion that's worth the extra money.

Who/what is Conns? Is there a website?

• Advertisement
Advertisement