Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Bullying workshop ideas for school

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions on running some anti bullying ideas in school for a few days.
    I'm thinking of focusing on cyber bullying and building self esteem.
    Would love to run workshop or get a speaker in but don't know where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
    I'm based in Cork

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

We did a bullying awareness/anti bullying thing in school earlier this year in Sept/October. There were five workshops with handouts that had to be discussed and filled in etc.

It ran simultaneously across the school every morning for the first class for a week, so no matter what class grouping a student was in they got the lesson. There was a different lesson each morning throughout the week.

Roughly over the five days:

Different types of bullying
    Effects of bullying
    Case studies to examine what constituted bullying and what was not.
    Students identifying what could be done to help those being bullied/ what those people could do
    Students came up with three rules for each classroom to combat bullying behaviour.

Finally they were all given a questionnaire with only 3 questions on it with Yes/ No answers.

Do you know anyone that is being bullied?

Are you currently being bullied or have you been bullied in the past?

Do you want to talk to someone about bullying?

On the questionnaire the Yes/ No were put close together under the question rather than on opposite sides of the page so students could tell which one their neighbour was circling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Wow! That's a great idea!! Thanks for that!

Advertisement