Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cell Standby

Options
  • 27-04-2015 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Hoping someone might have an idea on how to resolve this issue.

I upgraded to an S6 and gave my old M7 to my fiancee. I had no battery issues with it (Vodafone) but since she has been using it (Meteor) the battery is useless, in the stats it shows that "cell standby" is eating the battery.

I have done the following:

1. Disabled location services
    2. Enabled power saver mode
    3. Installed battery monitor software and chacked the mobile signal, no indication it is losing signal at all during the day
    4. Switched to CWDMA mode only (this was recommended on XDA)

Nothing seems to have helped, am I stuck waiting for the 5.1 update to see if this resolves the issue or is there some way around it ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've found that if you "Enabled power saver mode", and then switch anything on that it has turned off, power levels drop like a stone. has she turned WiFi, etc, o whilst Enabled power saver mode is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

the_syco wrote: »
    I've found that if you "Enabled power saver mode", and then switch anything on that it has turned off, power levels drop like a stone. has she turned WiFi, etc, o whilst Enabled power saver mode is on?

No, all is off, set to sleep the data connections while screen is off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Saw this somewhere else. Wifi -> More -> Smart Network Switch -> Off. Not sure if it affects us here but it was listed as something that drains battery.

Also: Wifi -> More -> Always Allow Scanning -> Scan only while Wifi is on. This stops your Wifi constantly scanning. This one made a difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Some new info on this, her battery went to 0 last night and the phone shut off, then it came back on and was at 40%

Am going to reset the batters stats and clear the cache from recovery later to see if it sorts it

I vaguely remember having an issue like this on my old HTC before the M7

Advertisement