Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled Drinks before and/or after pre clearance at DUB

Options
  • 26-04-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

I will be flying out to the US next week, and was wondering how it works with taking drinks on board these days.

I always like to take my own bottle of Water/Coke on board, and was wondering if I can buy it in the regular Terminal, or if I have to (or even can) buy some after pre-clearance. Could anyone clarify?

Thanks,
    DubDani

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

There's a shop after preclearance, but you should be able bring your own water through, once it's bought past the initial security screening.

I think the drinks are pretty expensive past preclearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is a shop and a bar and a cafe (of sorts) after pre clearance. You won't have any problem buying a bottle of Coke/water before you board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rohan.madhavan

There is shops after pre-clearance where you buy food and water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

WH Smith after clearance sell coke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Last time I flew to the US from Dublin was a few years ago, so wasn't sure what has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,332 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is a stand with 0.5L bottles of water and an 'honesty' box where you drop €1 per bottle, it's past security on the right on the way down to the gates. Not sure if you pass it on the way to US pre-clearance.

Advertisement