Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 27/04

Options
  • 26-04-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Great card at Nass tomorrow. Have a few I think may be well handicapped but not ones to go to war with.

Nass 17 40 Tsar Paul has come down the weights and may well have a chance off a rating of 55 tomorrow. Decent draw and think the 20s available is generous. 1pt ew.

Ayr 2 25 Opt Out C and D winner in July last year off 2 lbs higher. Think the 20s on offer is big. Good run over 1m at the course in september last year when beaten 3l into 6th off 63. Should strip fitter for seasonal debut. 1 pt win

3.20 Kempton. Giving Embankement 1 more chance. Put him up the last day when well supported 16/1 1 pt win.

8 20 Wolves. Hatta Stream is one I have had my eye on for a while. Was waiting for some improvement but i think this is 1 who will just show up at a huge price from nowhere some day. Has won over 6f off 71. At the 66s available with bet 365 I am willing to take a chance that tomorrow may be the day, Runs off 49 tomorrow, 0.5 pt ew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Doonard Prince 20-1 ew 5.40
    Very consistent turf form last year coupled with its c&d form give this
    some good EW claims. 7 turf runs last year up to Sep 16
    1st 2nd 3rd 3rd 3rd 8th 2nd , losing by head in most of those races.
    I like ew .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Thought Versilia Girl had a fair chance if fit returning from a break in the second at Naas. She returns to turf a stone lower than last time, and the stable's horses are outrunning their prices. Worth a chance at 22/1 though will probably go off bigger if you wait for BSP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Be very interesting to see how Anthem Alexander goes tonight at Naas!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kfallon wrote: »
    Be very interesting to see how Anthem Alexander goes tonight at Naas!

Non runner now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Will be interesting to see how Maarek runs. His reappearance last year was shocking but I suspect he doesn't like Cork too much. I think he'll need a couple of runs to get properly straight this year and I most definitely wouldn't advise backing him tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Light Breaks in the next at Ayr.

I really hate how Sir Mark Prescott operates. Runs his horses with middle/long distance pedigrees in Maidens over trips too short to get them low marks and then they just keep picking up handicaps. They're mostly very nicely bred which is what really bothers me and I just think its a joke that the handicapper allows him to get low marks by purposely running them over trips too short.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Light Breaks in the next at Ayr.

Awful. Never got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

not much of a tip, but cant see Bubbly Bellini being out of the places at Naas (6.10) tonight. Good showing recently on firmer turf and has been in great form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭andrew90

I like ew .

Good shout, had him at 14/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I like ew .
    Chapeau sir

Had a 5er ew at 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Mister Brightside 6.00 Windsor for me here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I like ew .

Gutted o was not on. Saw it had dropped from 20 to 14 and put bbq in a lucky 15. Was gonna do a single on him then forgot. RAGE!!!!!!!

Sweet Martoni 7.00 Windsor

Happy with Maarek's reappearance run as he'll definitely have needed that a lot. Hoping he can land a few more Group races when the mud flies this year.

It seems as if the application of a blindfold in the stalls has largely fixed his issues with his slow starts which became a big problem last year. I think he'll always be very slightly slowly away but I don't think it will cost him any more races which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cant believe I missed Bold Thady Quill at that price. Fing bulling. have put him up a load of times.

Bold Thady.
    I can believe it. I won't say why
    CRAP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Anyone see the 7.50 at Wolv? Woodbridge had an awful breakdown, looked like it was just weakening but then just collapsed. Jockey injured as well.

not much of a tip, but cant see Bubbly Bellini being out of the places at Naas (6.10) tonight. Good showing recently on firmer turf and has been in great form this season.

WINS
    Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Welds grey horse in the 8.10 is looking like a fair hound already. Twice turned over at odds on after travelling like a dream, when asked to win the race doesnt wanna know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Anyone see the 7.50 at Wolv? Woodbridge had an awful breakdown, looked like it was just weakening but then just collapsed. Jockey injured as well.

Yea I wondered what happened there, he weakened right out from the front runners. Twitter has reports of him up and led back to his stable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Great card at Nass tomorrow. Have a few I think may be well handicapped but not ones to go to war with.

Nass 17 40 Tsar Paul has come down the weights and may well have a chance off a rating of 55 tomorrow. Decent draw and think the 20s available is generous. 1pt ew.

Ayr 2 25 Opt Out C and D winner in July last year off 2 lbs higher. Think the 20s on offer is big. Good run over 1m at the course in september last year when beaten 3l into 6th off 63. Should strip fitter for seasonal debut. 1 pt win

3.20 Kempton. Giving Embankement 1 more chance. Put him up the last day when well supported 16/1 1 pt win.

8 20 Wolves. Hatta Stream is one I have had my eye on for a while. Was waiting for some improvement but i think this is 1 who will just show up at a huge price from nowhere some day. Has won over 6f off 71. At the 66s available with bet 365 I am willing to take a chance that tomorrow may be the day, Runs off 49 tomorrow, 0.5 pt ew

Feel a bit unlucky today. Opt Out SP 11s 5th beaten 3l. Ran his race though.
    Tsar Paul SP 25s. impeded at start and no clear at run at the finish beaten 2l into 6th.
    Hatta Stream SP 22/1 No luck in running final furlong never nearer at the line.
    Embankement blew it at the start and had no chance from there. SP 16s.

Anyway that's racing onwards and upwards.

Advertisement