Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper airline tickets?

Options
  • 26-04-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was looking at booking a one way ticket to Vienna on Wednesday with Aer Lingus. Price is coming up as €220 (fare is €179, taxes €34, admin €7). I was wondering if it's possible to ring up their bookings desk and negotiate a better price, considering there seems to be a heap of empty seats on the plane so far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I don't think airlines negotiate.

Try booking a dummy return leg, often works out cheaper than one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I think EI price returns as two one ways so return doesn't work out cheaper with EI.

How do you know there are loads of spare seats on the flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

fly to bratislava instead, only about 88euro next wednesday. Its about 90km and about 8 euro single fare for bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Senecio wrote: »
    I don't think airlines negotiate.

Try booking a dummy return leg, often works out cheaper than one way.
    not on aerlingus. On swiss it gives a return price of <€200 though which isnt bad as an option. Theres a long stop in Zurich, but sure you can have a snoop about the town if you wanted.

Bratislava though would probably be the most copped on option. Its nearer to Vienna than some ryanair airports and the bus service is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Bratislava though would probably be the most copped on option. Its nearer to Vienna than some ryanair airports and the bus service is spot on.

I flew to Bratislava when I was last in Vienna, the bus is service from the airport is top notch and saved me a small fortune compared to flying direct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I was wondering if it's possible to ring up their bookings desk and negotiate a better price, considering there seems to be a heap of empty seats on the plane so far?

You have a lot to learn, young Jedi.

Advertisement