Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fundraising activities - opinions?

• 26-04-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all - just wondering if you would have any bright ideas for fundraising ideas. I'm trying to develop a community garden. We need about 2,500 (more if we want railings) and I am looking to come up with some ideas.

My hubby suggested a sausage sizzle on our road - maybe we can try a bag pack, anyone had experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

What about a raffle maybe a 50/50 style raffle. Each ticket costs 2€ and €1 goes to fundraiser and €1 towards prize.
    Bag packing requires a lot of volunteers - reliable ones! Bucket collection?
    Cash for clothes drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭doohey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Bag Pack
    Golf classic
    Table Quiz
    Race Night in local pub

Have you approached your local council for any funding grants going? Or asked a local garden centre to donate plants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Raffles are always a great fundraiser, especially if you can get businesses (local and further afield) to donate prizes- be as friendly and likeable as possible on the phone, call up hotels, restaurants, the whole shebang and explain the good cause that they would be supporting. You'd be surprised how generous they can be!

Also just a tip for raffles- charging €2 a strip and 3 strips for a €5 is a goldmine! The amount of people who will just go for the one strip is absolutely minimal, as people feel they are getting value for money- especially if you manage to get some decent prizes.

I may sound a bit over-the-top here but we've raised thousands over the years in my small village for a children's project very close to my heart so at this stage I have no problem asking people to part with their hard-earned money :-)

Advertisement