Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder will not work on my Alcatel 3 mobile phone

Options
  • 26-04-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the latest version of Tinder onto my phone and it will not let me login using facebook.
    I followed the first instructions to delete my facebook account from the phone settings and then login to facebook again and then login into Tinder.
    Didn't work.
    I tried uninstalling Tinder and then reinstalling it again.
    Didn't work.
    The other option is that the time is wrong on my phone but since it is GMT and it DOES have the right time this couldn't be right.
    So what is the problem?
    What do I do to rectify it and get it working?
    I've tried the FAQ on Tinder and it is no help at all.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

bit more info on the phone. what alcatel? how much space you got left? install super atool and see how much actual space you have left and that might be the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

daytob wrote: »
    bit more info on the phone. what alcatel? how much space you got left? install super atool and see how much actual space you have left and that might be the cause

The phone is an Alcatel One Touch Pop C3 and the company I use is Three.

These are the phone specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_pop_c3-5687.php

If you what you mean by space, I checked the settings and clicked applications and the phone has 1.3MB storage and 559MB is used.

Super atool? What is that? How will that help?

Tinder is not asking me about space. It wants me to reset my time claiming it be incorrect. The phone is set for GMT.

Thanks.

right so. going by the specs 512 MB RAM and the fact you have facebook I would say the issue is the fact of the ram. this is very little in terms of facebook and other apps when taken into consideration.
    You can try change the time to the normal time * but I doubt it will work.
    Super atool will actually show you how much ram is left. Here is how much ram I have in mine.
    the ram I have is green & yellow
    screenshot_2015-04-26p9lrk.png

heres your ram thats in the phone
    ramlrajv.jpg

what I am trying to say is that 1.3mb of ram is nothing. the phone will not run at all with that little space on it. you either need a phone with more ram * it cant be installed * or you have to uninstall apps for it to work

right so. going by the specs 512 MB RAM and the fact you have facebook I would say the issue is the fact of the ram. this is very little in terms of facebook and other apps when taken into consideration.
    You can try change the time to the normal time * but I doubt it will work.
    Super atool will actually show you how much ram is left. Here is how much ram I have in mine.
    the ram I have is green & yellow
    screenshot_2015-04-26p9lrk.png

heres your ram thats in the phone
    ramlrajv.jpg

what I am trying to say is that 1.3mb of ram is nothing. the phone will not run at all with that little space on it. you either need a phone with more ram * it cant be installed * or you have to uninstall apps for it to work

Sorry.

You've lost me.

I just want to make tinder work on my phone.

ok.
    the ram is needed for the phone to run smoothly. The fact you have only 1.3mb of ram * which is nothing by the way * means your phone will pretty much freeze from now on anyways
    the more ram that is free the more chance you have of apps running.
    the fact that you have facebook installed along with other apps mean you dont have enough ram to open tinder.
    Its not going to run unless you uninstall any app you dont use or need.

so to make tinder work
    go through your phone
    any app you dont use, or need uninstall it.
    or get a phone with more ram.
    hope this helps

• Advertisement

uninstall several apps for it to work. anything you dont use

So the time change thing doesn't mean anything? I just have to free up space?

ok.
    the ram is needed for the phone to run smoothly. The fact you have only 1.3mb of ram * which is nothing by the way * means your phone will pretty much freeze from now on anyways
    the more ram that is free the more chance you have of apps running.
    the fact that you have facebook installed along with other apps mean you dont have enough ram to open tinder.
    Its not going to run unless you uninstall any app you dont use or need.

so to make tinder work
    go through your phone
    any app you dont use, or need uninstall it.
    or get a phone with more ram.
    hope this helps

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Have you tried it using wifi? Three blocks the app by default when using their mobile network.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Does it work on Wifi?
    I couldn't use Tinder (back in my tinder days) on my 3 Data until I got the "adult filter" unlocked in 3 Store (they only accept Passports aswell to remove it)

So the time change thing doesn't mean anything? I just have to free up space?
    yep. changing time wont matter. remove apps a fair few of them

• Advertisement

CR 7 wrote: »
    Have you tried it using wifi? Three blocks the app by default when using their mobile network.

I am using wifi

yep. changing time wont matter. remove apps a fair few of them

I deleted a few apps I wasn't using and it still won't work.

Tinder is still saying the time needs to be changed.

Advertisement