Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stamp 1 to stamp 4 / change job

Options
  • 26-04-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Thanks for reading my question.
    I have been in Ireland for 1 year, non-EU, hold a green card and stamp 1, full time job as a software engineer.

Do I qualify to change my stamp 1 to stamp 4? Someone said that 2 years are needed for green card and stamp 1 holder, is that true?

If not able to have stamp 4, is it allowed to change a job?

Thanks a lot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SimonJustSayin

Google "stamp 4" and the first result is the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website. It looks like stamp 4 is based on having Irish/EEA family or being a refugee. Doesn't sound like you can get it at all at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobyMoor

ChrisWang wrote: »
    I have been in Ireland for 1 year, non-EU, hold a green card and stamp 1, full time job as a software engineer.

Do I qualify to change my stamp 1 to stamp 4? Someone said that 2 years are needed for green card and stamp 1 holder, is that true?

Thanks a lot.

Hi!

Yes, you qualify for stamp 4 if you have been working on Green Card for 2 consecutive years.
    In order to change an employer you need to apply for a new Green Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobyMoor

ChrisWang wrote: »

Thanks a lot.

Hi!

Yes, you qualify for stamp 4 if you have been working on Green Card for 2 consecutive years.

Expiry of Critical Skills Employment Permit
    The Critical Skills (and Green Card) Employment Permit is issued for 2 years and you are not required to renew it. Instead you apply to your local immigration officer for a Stamp 4 permission to live and work in Ireland without an employment permit.

From 1 April 2015, there is a new application procedure for this Stamp 4 permission. First, you must apply on this request form (pdf) for a support letter from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment confirming your current employment. You can find details of the new procedure and the documentation required on djei.ie.

You then register with your local immigration officer – see above. You must have the following documents with you:

Passport
    Certificate of Registration (GNIB card)
    Your Critical Skills or Green Card Employment Permit
    Letter from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment confirming your continuing employment
    If you are granted a Stamp 4 permission, it will be for 2 years and will be renewable provided you continue to satisfy the criteria for it. When you have been legally resident for 5 years, you may apply for long-term residency.

If you are not eligible for a Stamp 4, you may be issued with a Stamp 1 and you will continue to need an employment permit to work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ChrisWang

BobyMoor wrote: »
    Hi!

Expiry of Critical Skills Employment Permit
    The Critical Skills (and Green Card) Employment Permit is issued for 2 years and you are not required to renew it. Instead you apply to your local immigration officer for a Stamp 4 permission to live and work in Ireland without an employment permit.

From 1 April 2015, there is a new application procedure for this Stamp 4 permission. First, you must apply on this request form (pdf) for a support letter from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment confirming your current employment. You can find details of the new procedure and the documentation required on djei.ie.

You then register with your local immigration officer – see above. You must have the following documents with you:

Passport
    Certificate of Registration (GNIB card)
    Your Critical Skills or Green Card Employment Permit
    Letter from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment confirming your continuing employment
    If you are granted a Stamp 4 permission, it will be for 2 years and will be renewable provided you continue to satisfy the criteria for it. When you have been legally resident for 5 years, you may apply for long-term residency.

If you are not eligible for a Stamp 4, you may be issued with a Stamp 1 and you will continue to need an employment permit to work in Ireland.

Thank you so much for these information, BobyMoor. Btw, djei.ie is not able to open.
    I would like to check with HR in our company. Hope I am eligible for a Stamp 4.

Thank you all the same, SimonJustSayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ChrisWang

www(dot)djei(dot)ie
    /labour/workpermits/greencardcriticalskillsrenewal.htm

Found a useful link here. : )

• Advertisement
Advertisement