Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Anxiety

Options
  • 26-04-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long story short I left my job etc to go travelling with a group of friends in ASIA until xmas. I often had a bit of anxiety before but nothing like this.....I got badly sick (Viral infection) (lost 7-8lb) about a month ago and my mind was racing about what if I got sick abroad etc and what would everyone think of me if I had to come home early.

I am now at home (with my parents) for 2 weeks before I leave but I still have a upset stomach that the doctor said was due to anxiety of the forthcoming trip. I have medication to take but I try and avoid it as I would hate to become dependant on pills for something that is a one off.

Has anyone had anything similar to this experience to this?...not asking for any medical advice. I have been to the doctor and have meds but I am wondering is this purely a mental block that will go once I go on my merry way?.....unfortunately the brain is just a bit all over the place at the moment and I cant seem to shake this upset stomach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi all,

Long story short I left my job etc to go travelling with a group of friends in ASIA until xmas. I often had a bit of anxiety before but nothing like this.....I got badly sick (Viral infection) (lost 7-8lb) about a month ago and my mind was racing about what if I got sick abroad etc and what would everyone think of me if I had to come home early.

I am now at home (with my parents) for 2 weeks before I leave but I still have a upset stomach that the doctor said was due to anxiety of the forthcoming trip. I have medication to take but I try and avoid it as I would hate to become dependant on pills for something that is a one off.

Has anyone had anything similar to this experience to this?...not asking for any medical advice. I have been to the doctor and have meds but I am wondering is this purely a mental block that will go once I go on my merry way?.....unfortunately the brain is just a bit all over the place at the moment and I cant seem to shake this upset stomach.

Hi there,

I am okay with your thread being in here, but if you'd prefer it moved elsewhere just let me know.

There is a thread dedicated to Anxiety over in LTI right here if you want to pop a message in there.

Sure Hope you'll find a Safe & Happy Solution for yourself,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Thanks

Advertisement