Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary teaching

Options
  • 26-04-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello :)

I am a primary teacher and have been working in London for 4 years. I am planning to move to Dublin in the summer and was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting jobs?

I am planning to take the SCG Irish exam next year as I qualified in London.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you done your garda clearance? Are you registered with the Teaching Council? Jobs are in very, very short supply and Dublin in particular seems to have an over supply. Do you plan to stay in the city itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Feens

I've done the Garda clearance and am in the process of registering with the teaching council. I've heard there's not a lot of jobs but I'm hoping to get subbing work maybe?

I'm hopefully going to be living in Rathmines- just waiting to hear about a place. But I'm happy to commute for work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Even subbing is in very, very short supply, to be honest.

Advertisement