Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Analytics (MSC) in NUIG

Options
  • 26-04-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any further information on this course in NUIG. Information such as:
    *Class Size
    *Project Types
    *Lecture content

and any other information that might be useful. I cant really find much information on the course and I am not sure if it is a brand new one or have been around for a few years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

Would any past/current students be able to answer the questions above and would they recommend the course?

Did they find this module worthwhile: 'Business Intelligence with SAP'?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Last exam tomorrow of this course, their is 11 of us in the class, Business Intelligence with SAP is a certificate in SAP BW, it was a basic online class that we did on our own, complete 5 chapters of tasks on SAP, then write a diary about our experience of doing it, completed it in 2 weeks at the beginning of Jan and so far it has not helped with job interviews for me anyways and only 2/3 of us have secured jobs after this so far. If your aim to secure a job with SAP then you can do SAP funded courses for free with open SAP, or their are others that are discounted for students if your in final year. It's the first year of this course so their are a few problems which will need to be fixed for it to be worthwhile.

Project wise we were meant to start it before Xmas with local companies. Project head was unable to gain companies and we only got told of what to do about project in mid/late January, the project is for us to go find open source data-sets online and run queries on them to show that we have learned to use the different programs shown to us during the course, as well as put forward ideas from the classes we have taken.

Would I recommend the course? Probably not, feeling from most of the class is the same. The ISM course seems to be more worked properly as it has been run for a few years. I picked this course as I was away for a few years and seen it as a good way to re-learn something that I did in my under-grad, while also gaining new skills in a new area. If your in final year id recommend to go out and work first, gain actual experience in a company where you can build up your skills and experience, that's what recruiters are experience, the masters is nice to have, but actual experience will stand to your much more.

Any other questions send me a PM, need to head back to studying!

Advertisement