Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT configuration

Options
  • 26-04-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I have a Simon XT alarm system. I've cancelled my Phonewatch monitoring and I've set the panel up to call my phone instead. When I trigger the alarm, the panel calls me but all I can hear is little 'pips' on the line. Also, the alarm continues to call me for about ten times. I was wondering how do I get the alarm to tell me what sensor has been triggered? and also, how do I send the alarm an acknowledgement that I have received the msg?

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

Hi
    Did you get a solution to your problem?
    (hope you dont mind me asking)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 davehogan100

Hi Guys,

It sounds like the panel is set to dial out using either SIA or ContactID which will only work with a monitoring station receiver. Try going to reporting->Reporting Com Modes and check that you have set it to Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

gearoidc wrote: »
    Hi
    Did you get a solution to your problem?
    (hope you dont mind me asking)

Yes its the protocal setting that needs to be set to voice, otherwise the system thinks its still calling a monitoring station and is looking for a kissoff.

Advertisement