Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a decent tablet

Options
  • 26-04-2015 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I have a gotab gtd7 dual processor. It is very slow to load poages. 15 seconds to load the google home page after the www.google is along the top.

Also the on screen keyboard does not appear when the search bar is tapped and the same when i tried to log in here. the log in page appears but the keyboard does not. I was trying to put this here with the tablet. I don't think i succeeded apologies if i did.

Is there anyone who would reccommend a decent tablet . my nokia lumia 520 loads much faster that the gotab but is a little bit small screen. Should i get a windows tablet. I do not know much about android tablets . Are they all slow to load pages/problems with keyboard like mine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭TheCowboy

thanks. expensive though. don't really need 32 gb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

When it comes to tablets, you get what you pay for. Pay for a cheap model and you'll get poor performance, that Nexus is a monster and for the money, you won't get any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Anyone think this is a decent pickup?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2584421.htm

• Advertisement

Has anyone has this windows tablet http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2923020/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

i only want it for internet and reading pdf book. Not into apps. But i want it to load quick like my windows phone

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

I'm currently using Teclast X98 Air 3G with Dual boot Windows 8.1 and Android 4.4.4
    It works amazing! very fast, with Intel CPU @2,17Ghz, 2GB of RAM and Microsoft Office licence included for 1 year! I have done a video with the unboxing and first impresions. For the moment very very happy and very good price :-)

To view the video, in Youtube is "Unboxing y primeras impresiones Teclast X98 Air 3G Dual Boot"

Good luck!

mdabar wrote: »
    I'm currently using Teclast X98 Air 3G with Dual boot Windows 8.1 and Android 4.4.4
    It works amazing! very fast, with Intel CPU @2,17Ghz, 2GB of RAM and Microsoft Office licence included for 1 year! I have done a video with the unboxing and first impresions. For the moment very very happy and very good price :-)

To view the video, in Youtube is "Unboxing y primeras impresiones Teclast X98 Air 3G Dual Boot"

Good luck!
    I reset it and it is flying again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Am tempted by the X98 with 64GB from AliExpress - drop shipped from France so won't be stung by taxes.
    The battery life looks pretty decent and has 3G which is a massive plus for me, anyone got one of these here and can comment?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

gazzaman22 wrote: »

With the exchange rate the way it is at the minute I think the one from Argos I posted further up beats that price just slightly!

Supercell wrote: »
    Am tempted by the [X98 from AliExpress - drop shipped from France so won't be stung by taxes.
    The battery life looks pretty decent and has 3G which is a massive plus for me, anyone got one of these here and can comment?

I got it but from Etotalk, not Aliexpress... I have already had troubles with other providers and prefer warranty that the product will be the good one, on time,... and they customize it, so it already comes with GooglePlay, dual boot enabled...
    They ship with DHL VIP, so it takes 2 days to arrive.

About the tablet, I'm really amazed and very happy to know that the Windows on it comes with Office 365 with 1 year licence and 1TB of storage in OneDrive!! it's fast and works very well with Skype for video calls, being the sound very good.

I have used as much in Android as Windows. I took the 64GB version, so I have around 30GB for each partition plus a 32GB microSD card that I put on it, so for the moment I don't have troubles with the storage. Normally I watch movies with Kodi either online (like Netflix) or from personal NAS.

The 3G module runs very well, not taking long to catch signal and... in Android you can even make calls! since they put the phone application hehehe

From my opinion completely advisable! I will publish the full review soon ;-)

Supercell wrote: »
    Am tempted by the [X98 from AliExpress - drop shipped from France so won't be stung by taxes.

I got it but from Etotalk, not Aliexpress... I have already had troubles with other providers and prefer warranty that the product will be the good one, on time,... and they customize it, so it already comes with GooglePlay, dual boot enabled...
    They ship with DHL VIP, so it takes 2 days to arrive.

About the tablet, I'm really amazed and very happy to know that the Windows on it comes with Office 365 with 1 year licence and 1TB of storage in OneDrive!! it's fast and works very well with Skype for video calls, being the sound very good.

I have used as much in Android as Windows. I took the 64GB version, so I have around 30GB for each partition plus a 32GB microSD card that I put on it, so for the moment I don't have troubles with the storage. Normally I watch movies with Kodi either online (like Netflix) or from personal NAS.

The 3G module runs very well, not taking long to catch signal and... in Android you can even make calls! since they put the phone application hehehe

From my opinion completely advisable! I will publish the full review soon ;-)

Once again, for more details -> check in Youtube "Unboxing y primeras impresiones Teclast X98 Air 3G Dual Boot"

Hi again, I finally wrote the full review, you have it on this same topic "Android devices" under the name

"[REVIEW] Teclast X98 Air 3G Dual Boot - tablet"

Hope you like it and specially you find it useful ;-)

Regards!

Advertisement