Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In bits

Options
  • 26-04-2015 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a registered user of boards, going unreg for this.

I'm unemployed at the moment. I've a load of CV's out for a lot of different jobs and am hoping to hear back from a few soon. Basically, my problem is this.

I worked for a few years in a semi state company on contract. I loved my job until I was bullied by a number of higher level management to the point where I attempted suicide. I went for counselling and its helped to a degree. Now I want to get back into the workforce but I'm terrified. I'm actually so nervous of working in an office environment again that even the thoughts of it make me vomit. My therapist says I need to just get back in the swing of things and nothing can be as bad as it was before. But what if it is? I was very, very good at my job but yet I was still treated like crap. How can I get over this fear? Social welfare are breathing down my neck and I'm sure they won't take what happened to me previously as an excuse not to look for office work. Does anyone know how I can conquer this fear?

I don't know whether I should have posted this in PI or here. If I've posted in the wrong forum, mods please move to the correct forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do you have to go back to working in an office environment for somebody else? Could you look at other options e.g. working for yourself or changing completely to another type of job, even if it was for lower pay. This might help you build up your confidence and you might eventually decide to go back to your previous type of work, or you might even be happy staying in your new role!

Best of Luck

Advertisement