Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITU Cape Town

Options
  • 25-04-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Anyone else delighted to see Vicky Holland win it?
    And on a broader note, who is following the series?
    Spirig is a swiss army knife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Anyone else delighted to see Vicky Holland win it?
    And on a broader note, who is following the series?
    Spirig is a swiss army knife

I'm following! Not so sure about the increased number of events. I usually find less is more for maintaining interest, but we'll see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah following it, recording it and watching back later in the week , watched the womens race last night, was nice to see a race at the front,

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Brownlee's run was very impressive.. looked like he was dying for about 8k then just blows it out of the water..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

looked like he was dying for about 8k then just blows it out of the water

Alistair Brownlee is the triathlon equivalent of Damien Duff, looks wrecked from the very start of the race but keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I was hoping spirig would transform into a super swimmer in her year off ITU. Instead she's going to be a big help to Jorgenson if Gwen doesn't make the front pack as she still looks like the best cyclist out there judging by yesterday

Nice win for Brownlee, although Javier looked a little bit better than recent times as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Just watched it there now. JB awesome as usual. Winning an ITU race and saying "I'm not fit" :eek:

What did ye make of the last 400 around the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I watched the mens race last night. Very dull. Granted the 10k was hugely impressive from Brownlee but the race as a whole was quite dull.

Was Murray injured in the last couple of kms or did he just run out of gas? It also looks like the last few races have taken their toll on Mola.

Is that 2 years in a row now the swim has been shortened there? Will they have a race there next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

catweazle wrote: »
    I was hoping spirig would transform into a super swimmer in her year off ITU. Instead she's going to be a big help to Jorgenson if Gwen doesn't make the front pack as she still looks like the best cyclist out there judging by yesterday

Nice win for Brownlee, although Javier looked a little bit better than recent times as well

Spirig made the front pack in London. I dont think Jorgenson will win in Rio if she does not make the front pack. . Is Stanford still injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Spirig made the front pack in London. I dont think Jorgenson will win in Rio if she does not make the front pack. . Is Stanford still injured?

Will be interesting to see how they play that come Rio - the US have a shedload of medal contenders regardless of Gwen. Will they be expected to drop back and help her if she doesn't make it - suppose its a long way away yet! I actually hate Olympics year, ruins the ITU races as they tend to take second place once they have qualified

Non is back next race I think - judging how her room mate Vicky went she might go well - she was the best runner out there outside of Gwen last year

Advertisement