Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Learning for CCNA

Options
  • 25-04-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to study for CCNA this coming September, but I have no previous experience in IT. Is it a course that a novice would be able to complete, or are there any courses you would recommend as preparation?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

CCNA is a very difficult course, If you have no IT experience I would look at doing some courses on networking before even thinking about doing it.

Their is a lot to cover and even the most experienced IT engineers fail it frequently. Last I heard the pass rate was something like 15%.

Look at the CompTIA networking course prior to doing the CCNA. I would also download "packet tracer" and try get access to the Cisco Academy online.

That way you can practice building live network environments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

shakin wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to study for CCNA this coming September, but I have no previous experience in IT. Is it a course that a novice would be able to complete, or are there any courses you would recommend as preparation?

Thanks.

What sort of timeline have you given yourself to complete it? Are you going to do the composite exam or split it in two? It's a tough exam but certainly passable given the right commitment from you as well as the right materials used for studying.

Reading the Network+ book between now and September will certainly help you understanding some of the topics in the CCNA but I wouldn't go to the trouble of doing the exam unless you really want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Kinet1c wrote: »
    What sort of timeline have you given yourself to complete it? Are you going to do the composite exam or split it in two? It's a tough exam but certainly passable given the right commitment from you as well as the right materials used for studying.

Reading the Network+ book between now and September will certainly help you understanding some of the topics in the CCNA but I wouldn't go to the trouble of doing the exam unless you really want to.

Thanks for the reply guys, its the IT Blanch course https://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/bn701.html . 10 months part-time.

Was considering doing the A+, Ill look into Network + and see how i get on with that material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

If you want any Network+ study material, let me know, I could burn you a dvd or two of Prof. Messer and CBT Nuggets videos, and other study material, which should still be relevant from last year. N10-005 - this year is N10-006.
    Edit: just checked it's nearly 9GB of video and study material! No matter.

Advertisement