Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCoy Day

Options
  • 25-04-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

15 45 Limerick. Like Oddysey in this and think it could be well in. Has won 3 times over the distance on Gd to Firm ground. Competed well last season off marks in the 80s without winning. Came across to Ireland in new year and has come down to a mark of 72. I think 14s is big. 3 pts win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Somersbys form is 1222 at Sandown. Yes his win record overall is far from inspiring but the race might set up for him nicely today. He arguably has the strongest form coming into the race and looks the bet at 6/1. No horse would deserve the win more but as Clint would say, "deserving got nothing to do with it".
    Sprinter now 6/1, if anyone is backing him today please enlighten me as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Guess Again in the 3.50 is worth a small ew punt,he was cruising before he fell at Cheltenham and at 16s is my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ss place lay has to be the call, around 3.6 now, expect it to be shorter

I'd nearly do the same with bobs worth but havent totally written it off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Do you fancy Paint the Clouds today Rossom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Somersbys form is 1222 at Sandown. Yes his win record overall is far from inspiring but the race might set up for him nicely today. He arguably has the strongest form coming into the race and looks the bet at 6/1. No horse would deserve the win more but as Clint would say, "deserving got nothing to do with it".
    Sprinter now 6/1, if anyone is backing him today please enlighten me as to why.

Haven't backed him but looking forward to watching him as his first start back was very good, obviously at cheltenham he didn't fire but if that was just a case of blowing up he could win.
    If he runs to the level of his 2nd to dodging bullets he should win so why not give him a chance and forgive his latest start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really fancy Menorah today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Everything Nico touches lately has turned to gold So maybe he can find the spark in Sprinter Sacre 6-1 is a big price in a field of misfiring horses. Also the owner of Cocktails at dawn gave him a mention at sandown yesterday and is being backed so could be interesting, 7-1 5.00 Sandown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Got a tip for Generous Ransom in the 5:00 from Sandown direct from a relative of one of the connections. Best price Ladbrokes - 9/2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

God's Own.

Agree about the comment about Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Really fancy Menorah today.

Bang bang bang.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    ss place lay has to be the call, around 3.6 now, expect it to be shorter

I'd nearly do the same with bobs worth but havent totally written it off yet

layed at 3.2 place

mailburner wrote: »
    layed at 3.2 place

fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I did fancy Paint The Clouds very strongly but Dickie Johnson's comments that it was riding good to soft, soft in places after winning on Menorah isn't ideal at all. Might get away with it though.

Hate how courses water with rain forecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Some training performance from De Bromhead getting that horse back when he looked finished after being beaten at Ballinrobe last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Think if the rain stayed away Paint The Clouds would have gone very close to winning that. Still ran a monster and complaints from the horse at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

rossom wrote: »
    Think if the rain stayed away Paint The Clouds would have gone very close to winning that. Still ran a monster and complaints from the horse at all.

I think a better round of jumping would have made the difference.

Jebus that bowen fella is flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

When the horse refuses to start, have you no case for a refund with most bookies? I'm on about Grand Jesture

Paddy definitely refunding this one but dont think they have to.

• Advertisement

Some bookies are offering a free bet to the value of stake.

Good Luck AP in his final race. Come home safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

No winners for Tony but by jaysus fair play to the man. Read an article that said since since the champion jockeys trophy was introduced in 1996 he's the only man that has lifted it. Bloody amazing.

Hopefully Johnson will catch a break now. :pac:

Jesus, that was alot of emotional stuff for Mccoy had to go through before he even got to ride yesterday. Wouldn't get that in flat racing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Jesus, that was alot of emotional stuff for Mccoy had to go through before he even got to ride yesterday. Wouldn't get that in flat racing

No that theres anyone on the flat who can match mccoy bar lester piggott to be honest

madmoose wrote: »
    No that theres anyone on the flat who can match mccoy bar lester piggott to be honest

I was going for the, flat jockeys don't have the same connection with the crowd. You don't see too many Pre Ascot evenings where jockeys go to hotels etc and attend events sponsored by bookies to discussion the festivals like you see for Cheltenham. You don't see flat jockeys pumping the fist etc after a win like you see at Cheltenham.

Considering some of the flat jockeys are reasonably tall as well, and have to ride with even less weight and have a superior class of competition not just in Ireland and Britian, but in France and America, it is some achievement to win 6 titles in the modern erea as seen by Kieron Fallon or win some top International races like Ryan Moore.

Mccoy hasn't been even run close to being challenged for the championship (even if he rides more) what does that say for the competition? More interested in Cheltenham?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You don't see flat jockeys pumping the fist etc after a win like you see at Cheltenham.

Frankie and Johnny Murtagh are two of the worst offenders for this, Murtagh blessing himself and looking up to the heavens after any kind of a big win.

kfallon wrote: »
    Frankie and Johnny Murtagh are two of the worst offenders for this, Murtagh blessing himself and looking up to the heavens after any kind of a big win.

Nothing wrong with it really. For those few times they get a big win, they are lambasted for getting a horse turned over. Shows that they don't take it for granted I guess.

Johnny can be funny when he starts referring to himself in the third person

Advertisement