Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona to Salou return train ticket!

Options
  • 24-04-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi. I have done this trip from Barcelona airport to Salou before (changeover at Sants) but I don't remember if I could get a return train ticket or not.
    I have a feeling that all I could purchase was a one way ticket.
    That time I was returning from somewhere else.

Anyone any idea if I can get a return or not? I do remember that the kiosk people were very helpful as the machines were impossible to work out.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

From what I can see they don't quite do return tickets. Instead you book 2 round trips and these are discounted due to the return aspect. With the large nujmber of combinations of train types, seat prices, booking conditions and classes I kind of see why providing return tickets would be a hassle, especially considering how cheap Spanish rail travel is.

You can get and print your tickets from online too and if you are using Chrome, the translate function is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DOC40

Thanks for that
    It's just like you are buying the same trip twice rather than return.
    Might be better to leave that job until the train station itself!!
    I also thought of busplana from the airport which is €27 return, only problem is they charge full price for kids over 4 ( I have 3 kids from 6 to 10)....
    tricky D wrote: »
    From what I can see they don't quite do return tickets. Instead you book 2 round trips and these are discounted due to the return aspect. With the large nujmber of combinations of train types, seat prices, booking conditions and classes I kind of see why providing return tickets would be a hassle, especially considering how cheap Spanish rail travel is.

You can get and print your tickets from online too and if you are using Chrome, the translate function is very handy.

Advertisement