Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Touchscreen monitors on 1 PC

Options
  • 24-04-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi
    I do a bit of web design but have to admit being totally clueless on the hardware side of things. I recently dedigned a touchscreen app for a client. It's a glorified website really with big buttons ;-)

It all ows my client tap through here stock when sitting down on a 1 to 1 with one of her customers. When she finds an item she wants to show the customer who is sitting across the desk from her she turns around the screen to them. She has noticed that here customers often want to interact with the screen so now she want to add a second monitor to her PC. This monitor would just be a mirror of her primary screen showing the same view of my app. Both screens would be touchscreens so both my client and her customer could interact with the app.

Is there any difficulty adding 2 touchscreen monitors to a PC? What would I need? 2 HDMI ports? a HDMI and a VGA port? or something else? As I said I'm a bit clueless here?

The existing touch screen she has connects to the PC via a VGA port and a USB so I would assume I need 2 usb ports anyway.

Thanks in advance!
    Sophie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It just has to be windows 8.1 or newer and have a graphics card capable of running 2 screens through whatever connection the monitors come with. Seen multiple touchscreen builds, no major complications besides the fact that he couldn't play a full screen video game and interact with the 2nd touch screen without farting back to the desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Should work with Windows 8 but screens will require calibration.Make sure the computer has at least two video connections: one for the main monitor and one for the secondary monitor or TV.The ability to set up dual monitors depends on the power of your graphics card and CPU. Running a second monitor puts more strain on your system.
    VGA and HDMI should do the trick

Advertisement