Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to find last minute sun holidays for Christmas?

Options
  • 24-04-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello!

I am living in Ireland over 7 years, I went for sun holidays twice and I booked it with lowcostholidays. In my new workplace I will be forced to take paid time off 24th Dec- 2nd Jan this year, so I am considering to use it wise and get some sun :)
    I always book my sun holiday in advance, so I don't really know how that works in Ireland.
    I don't think about something fancy like Dubai or Phuket, just somewhere near and warm like Canary, Rhodos etc.
    We would like to have hotel rather than some apt. But we are flexible :)
    Canary Islands now are priced 800e+ pp for 24th dec -1st Jan (all inclusive), I am just wondering if this price will ever go down?
    Any of you have any experience with booking last minute for Christmas period?

Thanks in advance :)

Karolina

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hello!

I am living in Ireland over 7 years, I went for sun holidays twice and I booked it with lowcostholidays. In my new workplace I will be forced to take paid time off 24th Dec- 2nd Jan this year, so I am considering to use it wise and get some sun
    I always book my sun holiday in advance, so I don't really know how that works in Ireland.
    I don't think about something fancy like Dubai or Phuket, just somewhere near and warm like Canary, Rhodos etc.
    We would like to have hotel rather than some apt. But we are flexible
    Canary Islands now are priced 800e+ pp for 24th dec -1st Jan (all inclusive), I am just wondering if this price will ever go down?
    Any of you have any experience with booking last minute for Christmas period?

Thanks in advance

Karolina

Couple of tips:
    Price flights and hotel individually.
    Sign up to Aer Lingus offers as if you book when prices drop you should get cheaper seats, Ryanair have not released Christmas flights yet.
    Possibly consider flying back to Dublin on 31 December rather than 1 January as flights can be extremely cheaper.
    Would hold off a little while to book as it's slightly earlier and many winter package holidays are not released yet.

I did similar trip around 2 years ago and we got it for around 400 pp

Advertisement