Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontic advice post braces

Options
  • 24-04-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

I had braces 4 years ago. They are off 3 years now. My top retainer is broken and some teeth have moved. I should have went back but I didn't and now regret this.

Bottom retainer still fits perfectly.

I have a bar accross my bottom 6 teeth and only top 4 teeth. The teeth on top have moved from not wearing the retainer.

I am getting married in 2 years and want to make small improvements.

What is the best option and cheapest to make minimal changes to top teeth? Would I be better getting a new retainer fitted and just start wearing it from now on? It's mainly the two incisor teeth on top that are shifted.

Here is a picture of when I had my braces off and today:

209ivcm.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Your relapse looks pretty minor. If anything its the canines that have rotated a bit.

Your options are.

1. Have braces again to correct and then retain the result. I dont know how long that would take or how much that would cost.

2. Do nothing and get a new retainer that will hold the teeth in their current position ( a new retainer will not move your teeth back to where they were unless your original orthodontist has a model of your completed result.

3. Bleach you teeth, they will look better.

Best go back to your original orthodontist and discuss. And remember readers always wear your retainers, and if you break them of lose them expect to pay for them to be remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Your relapse looks pretty minor. If anything its the canines that have rotated a bit.

Your options are.

1. Have braces again to correct and then retain the result. I dont know how long that would take or how much that would cost.

2. Do nothing and get a new retainer that will hold the teeth in their current position ( a new retainer will not move your teeth back to where they were unless your original orthodontist has a model of your completed result.

3. Bleach you teeth, they will look better.

Best go back to your original orthodontist and discuss. And remember readers always wear your retainers, and if you break them of lose them expect to pay for them to be remade.

Thank you for your in depth response. I really appreciate it! I will make an appointment and see what they suggest for me.

Advertisement