Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm advice

Options
  • 24-04-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey guys,

I'm just moving into a new build house and from looking at other post here I'm totally confused as I reckon yee must be installing them yourselves.

The house is wired for an alarm and from what I can gather thats the way to go. Its a semi-detached, 3 bed in dublin so pretty standard.

She wants central monitoring (home watch) because she has the ****s up her about phone watch, in any case having someone else monitoring is a sticking point for her. I'm just wondering about alternatives to the two above. (I wouldnt be electronically minded unless it was all on youtube how to install) I'd like to have access via an apps, just so that when I'm out of the house I have piece of mind.

Have a dog, but I wouldn't rely on it for security, it'd be more likely to let people in if it could. So being able to have a room unsensored or turning off the sensor in one room if i have to leave him at home for a bit would be a plus.

Ideally i'd like motion sensors on the landing/hall and in kitchen or sittingroom and sensors on downstairs windows and front and back door. have U PVC windows, and Hardwood Timber front door, Including the backdoors there are 3 windows downstairs and that doesnt include the slips around the front door.

Having a clue about upstairs really, do thieves use ladders these days?

I've probably put in a lot of useless information but hopefully its not all irrelevant. If I could just get a list of people that offer similar to PW and HW I'd be chuffed.

Thanks in advance.
    Mendoza

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any licenced company can offer you monitoring and maintenance contracts so as always shop around.
    For a wired house Siemens or Risco would be ideal as they give you free apps and free alerts without the need for any annual charges or subscriptions.
    See the sticky for more information on various apps etc.
    If everywhere is wired fit inertia shock sensors and contacts on all ground floor and accessible points of entry. Fit contacts on all other openings.
    Your internal PIRs are a good idea as well.
    Those systems would also allow you the option to add monitoring as well. Also with these systems you are free to shop around and switch monitoring at any time. With PW you will be tied with their monitoring for the life of your alarm. Also with PW you will only have use of the app as long as you are paying monitoring. With the above systems apps are free regardless of any other services purchased.

Advertisement