Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Weekend in Ireland

Options
  • 23-04-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to organise a weekend away for my dad's 60th in August. There will be (roughly) 20 adults and 3 children, across ten or eleven rooms. Somewhere lively with Irish music and walking distance from pubs. Horseriding/beach/scenic walks, anything like that would be a bonus. Preferably self-catering or hotel. It would be great to get a big house or a few chalets but its not essential. If we have to spread out over a few premises we'll cope!
    Any summer weekend will do. Pricewise, we don't mind splashing out a bit for the occasion that's in it, but at the same time half of the group are travelling home from the UK so we don't want to go overboard.

So far I've checked out Inis Mor, the hotel quoted an astronomical price considering the size of the booking. Waiting to hear back from the Pier House.
    Also I heard of a traditional music festival in Kilrush at the end of July so I've sent emails to a couple of places there.

Any suggestions? if there is anywhere in your area you could recommend? Or if you have a property feel free to send me a private message :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where are you leaving from?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭grainuaile

Mayo, but the UK contingent will probably either get the ferry in to Dublin or fly to whatever airport is nearest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Killarney, Dingle, Clonakilty, Kinsale, Dungarvan, derry, kilmore quay off the top of my head.
    Google local festivals for around when youre going. Around Clonakilty ardfield, timoleague, kilbrittain, rosscarberry, clon itself, bandon would all have stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

carlow is a good spot, check out the talbot hotel they do super deals, and they are kid friendly, and plenty of lovely pubs in the town

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dingle would more than fit the bill on every score.http://www.dinglecottages.com/ are linked to the Skellig Hotel, where you can go for a weekly membership of the pool if weather goes against you. Trips to Fungie, the aquarium, the blue flag beaches at Inch and Ventry, great trad in the pubs ,good food, 3 separate riding places, depending on your needs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement