Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Orlando

Options
  • 23-04-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi There

I looking to book flights to Orlando in March 2015 for a family. Does anyone know when the best time to book flights is to get the best deal? Should I book as soon as they are available or wait till a 'Seat Sale'?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Start looking 11 months in advance, as regards price, in or around €500 per person rtn is good, we got a great deal in 2011 in March also, €1850 for 4 of us direct with Aer Lingus (this was booked in Dec 2010), have also flown indirect with United via Newark which was fine also

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭JohnR1968

Thanks, so December wasn't leaving it too late!

Anyone know when Aer Lingus hold their US seat sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

JohnR1968 wrote: »
    Thanks, so December wasn't leaving it too late!

Anyone know when Aer Lingus hold their US seat sales?

Well, not that year but really it's a lottery, best thing to do is decide what your budget for flights is & book them at a price your happy with & don't bother checking if the prices have fallen after wards, check prices every day, set up an alert on sky scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Orlando is great,cant beat it. Been there twice already and looking to go again around that time as well, roughly when the kids are on there easter holidays. flights were always under 2k for the four of us (2 adults+2 kids). For flights i usually keep an eye on aerlingus (normally not the cheapest) , sky scanner, and worth looking at http://www.orbitz.com/ - i have booked a flight to the US (LA) in October using this site and it was a good bit cheaper than anything else around. ( Aerlingus to LHR and a virgin dreamliner to LAX). ,p.s. prices are in dollars ! :)

Thanks, will try Orbitz

• Advertisement

Bought 6 tickets on Orbitz.com for $4033 yesterday. Travelling on 17th March next, clearing immigration in Dublin (a big plus) and returning on 3rd April. Prices are moving up and options (i.e. times) getting worse overall. I found Tripadvisor pretty good at finding flights too. Try the .com versions of websites too.

Advertisement