Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postal from U.S. with usps

Options
  • 23-04-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi, has anyone any experience with USPS times. I bought a watch from america with limited tracking and on the 24th march it left san francisco. Its the 23 april now and still no sign of it. The seller claims its not there problem and its stuck in our customs but on the tracking theres no more info after leaving san fran and the progress bar is 2/3rds the way through. If it arrives in ireland does it not get scanned or anything. Is it possible its missing. anyone any experience

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

brianOM wrote: »
    hi, has anyone any experience with USPS times. I bought a watch from america with limited tracking and on the 24th march it left san francisco. Its the 23 april now and still no sign of it. The seller claims its not there problem and its stuck in our customs but on the tracking theres no more info after leaving san fran and the progress bar is 2/3rds the way through. If it arrives in ireland does it not get scanned or anything. Is it possible its missing. anyone any experience

It should get scan when it arrives in Ireland, you should be able to see it on Anpost website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brianOM

yea it doesnt register as it being here or knowing what it is. It has to be lost in transit. Im convinced the site didnt take out the insurance i payed for because they keep telling me to wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

brianOM wrote: »
    yea it doesnt register as it being here or knowing what it is. It has to be lost in transit. Im convinced the site didnt take out the insurance i payed for because they keep telling me to wait..

Was it airmail economy ? That can take over a month. I think you only have 28 days to claim on a credit card. Paypal will investigate any losses but are mighty slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brianOM

it was just economy, 10-17 business days was the time estimate. i'm going to give it a week more before i start trying to claim back. Its silly that a postal service has no way of been contacted from another country

Advertisement