Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About Brookfield, Tallaght.

Options
  • 23-04-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

How is Brookfield, Tallaght, to live in? I appreciate reasons. We are exploring possibilities to move, and we hesitate between some areas, and we are pretty interested in this one. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've never lived there but a guy I know has been trying for years to get out of Brookfield.

He's being terrorised by youths most nights, hanging outside, throwing stuff at the window, letting the air out of the tyres of his car, intimidating him when he walks down the road and drinking cans outside his house.

I also know of a young woman with a little boy who says she's afraid to leave her house because she's been broken into twice in the last month.

I only have to drive through the estate to see how run-down it looks.
    I've heard stories of people in council homes there, trying to get transfers out of the place.

Saw two horses on a random field last week, tied to a fence, with fellas on quad bikes zooming past....made the place look awful.

No amount of money would get me living in Brookfield.
    Are there any other areas you could consider?
    I'm well aware that each area of every city will have its' problems, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galanatalia

Thanks a lot for your answer. We also consider Clondalkin, but there are people who says that is not a good area, and Balbriggan, but I am really scared because of the recent incidents. We are not sure if it is better choose a village near, maybe would be more quiet, like Naas. We are looking for a quiet area, not expensive, and with well transfer to Dublin. But I am starting to think we should resign any of our expectations.

Thanks again for your answer.

Thanks a lot for your answer. We also consider Clondalkin, but there are people who says that is not a good area, and Balbriggan, but I am really scared because of the recent incidents. We are not sure if it is better choose a village near, maybe would be more quiet, like Naas. We are looking for a quiet area, not expensive, and with well transfer to Dublin. But I am starting to think we should resign any of our expectations.

Thanks again for your answer.

What about Rathcoole? Lovely area.
    Naas is lovely too. And Saggart and even Citywest would be grand.

Thanks a lot again. I'll take a look at these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I worked in Brookfield and would never choose to drive past it again never mind live there...that was 8 years ago though so it could have changed a bit.
    I have friends living close to Clondalkin village and they really like it. some parts of Clondalkin however so have a bad reputation. What about other parts of Tallaght?

• Advertisement

Hi chickus, thanks for the info. We are really considering several areas, first of all we are not sure about city or countryside. We have many pros and cons in each one, but a quiet area is one of the most importants. Security for kids, quiet zone, and the cheaper it will be the better.

Hi chickus, thanks for the info. We are really considering several areas, first of all we are not sure about city or countryside. We have many pros and cons in each one, but a quiet area is one of the most importants. Security for kids, quiet zone, and the cheaper it will be the better.

Have you considered Blessington?

I lived there for years and although it wasn't for me, it could be what you're after.
    It's on the 65 bus route, it's a quiet town with a community feel, lots of pubs and shops, Aldi, Dunnes, SuperValu, good schools and nice houses.
    And it's only a 20 minute drive to Tallaght.

It's becoming increasingly popular with people looking to move as it's near Dublin but has that country feel if that's what you want.
    Prices for properties are obviously a bit cheaper too.

Something to consider, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Would also recommend Blessington, lived here 15 years with no problems to think of.

Advertisement