Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indonesian & FMA Martial Arts

Options
  • 23-04-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Howya,

Setting up my own forum here for serious students and instructors of the above.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Maybe good idea to bring the Malay styles of Silat, not just the Indonesian styles into this as well, since they share the same culture. But tbh I'm not sure if the S.E.A arts at this moment need their own forum, as Silat is a minority art, discussion can be easily be posted inside the Martial arts and Self Defence Forum / Section. There simply wouldn't be much traffic and a completely Silat Kali forum would most likely dried up very quickly. How many active Silat people are out there in Ireland. You only have to check Silat group Facebook pages to see there only a couple of groups and a few likes per posts. The present format has work up to now very well on boards.

I do hope Mark that the forum is about discussing the arts and not just another way to continue attacking / insulting people who have completly different view points. It would be good in the future to have value and informative discussion instead of what has happen in past and to make more people aware of these arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭cletus

Have you seen how much traffic the entire martial arts community in Ireland has been generating on this forum for the last four years? Weeks go by without anybody posting anything at all.

When people do post, 90% of it is either pimping a seminar, or looking for a new club.

And now you want to set up a sub-forum for a martial art whose entire boards.ie presence seems to consist of you, silatliam, and some guy who creates multiple accounts

3to1es.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

To me this seems to be a clear attempt to side step moderation.

The original poster has previously made comments that posters are not welcome on 'his thread'. I feel that he would have a similar approach to 'his forum'.

The threads that he has been involved in in this forum have all be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

I'm getting a bit tired of closing threads, but the OP can't reply to your comments as he is currently banned and I don't see this going anywhere, so I'm going to close it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement