Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 5 similarities to point break movie

• 23-04-2015 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

I just noticed how much similarities the GTA game has to the movie point break (which is a n actual gem of a movie) but no one seems to mention it! The heists,parachute jumps from planes,masks for doing the heists but what really done it for me was the vehicle "bodhi" in the game! (MOVIE SPOILER ALERT) Bodhi is the name of the character Patrick swayze plays in the film and the vehicle he escapes in near the end of the film is of coarse the exact vehicle "bodhi" is in the game!! Did anyone else notice any other similarities to the movie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I noticed a few references to Lethal Weapon 2 also. The Michael mission where you
    use the tow truck to pull the foundations from the house on the hill
    . Also, some of the containers down in the dock area have the same markings as in the film. And the heist setup mission where you
    steal a car that's stashed in a container at the docks
    has similarities imo. I'm sure there are more but it's a bit early and my brain is still asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tonnes of movie references in all GTA games, this one has a lot of LA based ones.

here is a list of sorts http://ie.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/References_to_Movies,_TV,_Games_and_Pop_Culture

Spoilers in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Noticed some myself, the Lethal Weapon one like yourself Taco but another one reminded me of Heat, the Blitz Play mission in the game where they
    use the truck to smash into the armoured van
    . In the movie they use an
    ambulance to crash into the Bonds truck
    Its like they took that straight out of the movie!

I think there is also a bit of Menace II Society & Boyz N da Hood in the game too. Also, Michael sometimes reminds me of Ray Liotta and he did the voice of one of the characters in a past GTA game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I just noticed how much similarities the GTA game has to the movie point break (which is a n actual gem of a movie) but no one seems to mention it! The heists,parachute jumps from planes,masks for doing the heists but what really done it for me was the vehicle "bodhi" in the game! (MOVIE SPOILER ALERT) Bodhi is the name of the character Patrick swayze plays in the film and the vehicle he escapes in near the end of the film is of coarse the exact vehicle "bodhi" is in the game!! Did anyone else notice any other similarities to the movie?

I want the ex-presidents masks included in the next DLC pack!
    Point Break is an excellent film, I haven't seen it in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I was just talking about this yesterday. It would be cool to have a movie update. I think a Stunt driving school would be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Them masks would be so cool is right and a good idea for dlc!
    One of my favorite films! I have the T-shirt 😠the remake is out at the end of the year,not happy about it! They are gonna mess up the perfect movie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Them masks would be so cool is right and a good idea for dlc!
    One of my favorite films! I have the T-shirt 😠the remake is out at the end of the year,not happy about it! They are gonna mess up the perfect movie!!

You're joking. They're remaking it?
    They're gonna make a complete balls of it. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

You're joking. They're remaking it? They're gonna make a complete balls of it. Guaranteed.

Its actually completed, they have a release date of December! I agree with you, it was a classic film set in a classic time and with this modern squeeze on it ,it will prob just fcuk it up!

my point break tribute video that you might like :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd8V3EuV1xc

Advertisement