Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Otaku

Options
  • 22-04-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

so hi guys and gals, i'm not very sure if anyone still posts on this section but ah well, so i'm a big anime and manga fan, just trying to make a few contacts or friends, who knows but its a good place to start
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, folks post here ;)

Meeting people, well there's a load of anime conventions all across Ireland, those are great places to meet people who might share your interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kotha Hirano

ah i supposeyour right, but i would like to get to know a few people before i go, still haven't gone to a con yet =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

What kind of age groups go to the cons in Ireland? I know in the UK and US there's a broad range.

I'm just worried that my 30-something self would be seen as the grand dad at the convention - and they're something I'd like to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

FGR wrote: »
    What kind of age groups go to the cons in Ireland? I know in the UK and US there's a broad range.

I'm just worried that my 30-something self would be seen as the grand dad at the convention - and they're something I'd like to go to.

There does be a broad range of people at the cons in Ireland, mainly late teens to late 20's but there are still a good few 30+ people who attend, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

but there are still a good few 30+ people who attend, myself included.

Now I feel old :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Pfft ye're nothing but whipper snappers! :pac:

I remember RP and Anime Discussion on Cheetachat when you were all in nappies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

FGR wrote: »
    Pfft ye're nothing but whipper snappers! :pac:

I remember RP and Anime Discussion on Cheetachat when you were all in nappies :pac:

Wow I remember Cheetachat, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Chat! The days when the internet was all new and fresh.

Regarding conventions I am a long time con-goer attending conventions for 10 years and just turned 30. I still really enjoy them don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Conventions are very welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kunoichiko

I'm Japanese girl.

I wanna enjoy talking about anime, cosplay and some creative activity.
    But in dublin I've never met otaku.
    I don't know how I can come across.

Anyone knows about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

kunoichiko wrote: »
    I'm Japanese girl.

I wanna enjoy talking about anime, cosplay and some creative activity.
    But in dublin I've never met otaku.
    I don't know how I can come across.

Anyone knows about that?

ようこそ!

One great place to meet people interested in anime, cosplay etc. is at a convention. The next one coming up is Eirtakon on Nov 13th - 15th, which is also the biggest anime convention in Ireland so it's the perfect chance to meet other people with similar interests. You should definitely come :)

Advertisement