Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guru Glenn Seminar 9th May.

Options
  • 22-04-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello,

just a reminder that the Glenn Peter Lobo Seminar will be 30 euro and starting at 11am, here's Guru Glenn detailing his experience and qualifications, so if you want to study with a genuine Silat and FMA teacher, one that actually has learnt his Arts and can promise you continuity and recognised training with gradings on a regular basis.

https://youtu.be/VJPKzyymiBs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Hi Mark. This is now a 3rd thread on same subject about Glenn coming to Dublin, and I thought this all had been dealt with in previous thread.

I'm sorry but that's a massive claim of Glenn now saying he "is beyond question" and " the highest Graded Silat practitioner in the entire western world?" There is an old saying self praise is no praise. Just a few weeks ago Glenn came on to this forum with two new accounts talking about himself. If a teacher is reduced to have to sing his own praises then, tbh its not a good thing. People should be able to look at him and say that's the person I want to train under, or learn from..

Mark, there are many many great silat teachers out there that are far higher talent, yet would never make such statements.
    Here is an clip of one of Glenn old teachers. Maha Guru Richard De Bordes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5R4-af-mI
    On this clip is another of Glenn old teacher Guru Jak and in the clip is Guru Scott and Guru Ed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMSuYzbYCMM are you saying after looking at these two further examples that Glenn is more highly talented and graded then these guys?

What about Guru Cecep Western students are they all below Glenn as well? Here is a clip of Guru Cecep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0bYrNHe-FM have a look at his standard and tell me honestly is Glenn claims of being the best in the western world holding out. He complained on another thread in this forum, that I had used a bad clip to give example of his skill. So there no excuse this time, as he put his clip together himself.

Mark, Silat is not like many other main streams arts. Silat goes from large organisations to small family styles, there are over 1400 styles in Indonesia and Malaysia and many of them have their own grading formats, titles, awards and training. In silat for someone to come on and say he is the best the World, is counted disrespectful, boastful and laughable. Glenn is an "average to good silat practitioner and teacher". To come on to a forum to promote him as the best in the Western World is laughable, especially a few weeks ago in Dublin you had Guru Jak and next Month Guru Cecep (which your own teacher in Dublin, Brian put up on his facebook page on 19th April and i Quote "Fantastic movement by Kang Gending. A real authentic silat master." and who in the clip showing the moves Guru Cecep). These are what real Masters and Teachers in Silat move like and they are many, many of them, most of them don't need to boast, but work away behind the scenes and developing their students.

As I said before I wish you well with Glenn and his seminar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphd5

Liam - Glenn is better than you. That's all that matters. He'll be teaching - Cecep is great - he'll be teaching NOT you - you are the worst example of an 'Instructor' I have ever seen. All those you mentioned CAN actually do their Arts- I see no videos of you displaying your ....great ability.... - so people - if you want to learn from somebody that is capable of actually doing their Art - please join Guru Glenn. He did learn his system. No 15 year hiatus there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

silat liam wrote: »
    Hi Mark. This is now a 3rd thread on same subject about Glenn coming to Dublin, and I thought this all had been dealt with in previous thread.

Liam this is very close to back seat modding. In future can you just report the post and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Murphd5 wrote: »
    you are the worst example of an 'Instructor' I have ever seen.

This is personal abuse, stop doing it. Also, as far as I can see, you are only here to promote this seminar. This is considered spamming, and is not allowed.

You can read the forum charter here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055797135 Please note
    1B. Creating an account to simply advertise your club whether it be genuine or not, will result in your thread being deleted and you treated as a spammer - Banned for either a number of weeks or permenently. Boards.ie is not a directory. It is known however that members who contribute to the forum in a constructive manner may advertise their events and their clubs if such a martial art is being sought by a poster.

All you seem to do here is promote this Guru Glenn guy and pick fights with Liam. If you choose to post here again after your ban ends, please avoid doing both these things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement