Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start archery in north Dublin

Options
  • 22-04-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've been watching arrow the TV series and I'm looking to try out archery and wondering where in north Dublin you can do archery

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Look through the Leinster Archery Ireland clubs and you may find one near you. As you mention 'north Dublin' I'm assuming you mean a city club and therefore IFAF clubs won't be pertinent. College clubs would be for their own students only.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

I've been watching arrow the TV series and I'm looking to try out archery and wondering where in north Dublin you can do archery

Try Archery Ireland at www.archery.ie for a list of clubs. I know there's one in Ashbourne.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Blackheath Archers operate out of the IWA in Clontarf.
    Dublin Archers use a school in Baldoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Could you narrow down "North Dublin" a bit because there are several options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DeanoLMurray

When I say north Dublin I mean close enough to ballymun

• Advertisement

Give Blackheath a call - they're holding an outdoor evening shoot every Friday at the soccer club beside IKEA, or that was the plan the last I heard.
    Give Paul Conroy a call and he'll fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

http://archery.ie/clubs/blackheath-archers/

to add Ashbourne archers is a short drive up the N2 motorway also from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Can I piggyback on this thread, are there any clubs that are open on weekends?

I did the beginner course with liffey archers in kings hospital, and i've bought my own recurve bow, but i can't find any clubs to help learn with in the dublin area for weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I second that motion, Id love to practice on weekends

Greenhills Archers have a shoot every Saturday from 4.30pm to 6.30pm in the leisure centre at Tallaght Community School.

AFAIK the Saturday session is more aimed (excuse the pun) at the Juniors/juveniles, but I don't think they'd mind you showing up the odd time - on the proviso of course that you have your Archery Ireland membership card with you.
    Shooting fees are €5 for an adult currently.

https://www.greenhillsarchery.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Xios wrote: »

I did the beginner course with liffey archers in kings hospital, and i've bought my own recurve bow, but i can't find any clubs to help learn with in the dublin area for weekends.

Most archers would be entering competitive shoots at the weekend which is why there are very few that have club sessions then.

There are a few exceptions though:
    Greenhills have a Saturday slot and their outdoor range will shortly be opening (Sometimes on Saturday and Sunday);
    Blackheath have an outdoor range near IKEA (not sure but this may only be Friday);
    Ardee meet on Saturdays;
    Wicklow have two indoor and two outdoor options and members there can shoot almost anytime they want to;
    There is a range that opens on Saturdays in the southside (Steve Babyface will be able to give you the details there).
    We at Ashbourne do not have anything at the moment but there are plans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Dublin Archers shoot on Sunday afternoons by arrangement. Give them a call to see what Sundays have already been arranged. The grounds are in Nessan's (Pobalscoil Neasáin), Baldoyle.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ARCD

Xios wrote: »

Leixlip Archers train every Sunday 2-5pm at Leixlip Amenities Centre (outdoor) during summer months, and in The Mill, Celbridge (indoor) during winter months

Advertisement