Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO - WRONG PRICE

Options
  • 22-04-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

A few years ago an item that I bought in a TESCO shop was scanned at a price higher than displayed on the shelf sticker/tag. TESCO refunded the full price. This happened a few times over the years.

I had a similar experience recently but they only now seem to refund the difference between what you were overcharged and the displayed price.

I appreciate the legal position that a displayed price is merely an offer to treat and so on.

My query is to know if TESCO have dropped their previous policy of a full refund if the scanned price was higher that the displayed price ? I should wonder if it was a policy or just a practice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It was the policy, but Tesco changed this a few years back to " double the difference"

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I thought it was still double the difference.

It used to be you get the item free.
    I got a free Tefal Frying Pan when it happened.. maybe 4-ish years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

PeteK* wrote: »
    I thought it was still double the difference.

It used to be you get the item free.
    I got a free Tefal Frying Pan when it happened.. maybe 4-ish years ago.

As already stated, that is now gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

But I think Tesco's recent offer is to accept discount vouchers (or something like that) from Dunnes & Supervalue if I'm right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    But I think Tesco's recent offer is to accept discount vouchers (or something like that) from Dunnes & Supervalue if I'm right

They've been doing that for months now, just publicising it more at the moment. Has nothing to do with mispriced goods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Seamus1964 wrote: »

Check with the customer service first, as they (Dundrum anyway) have changed their policy slightly on which ones they are still accepting.
    Dunnes till receipts spend 50 get 10 off are still good but best to check other vouchers first.

Advertisement