Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishermans inn

Options
  • 22-04-2015 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was just looking for any info on a place called the Fishermans inn in Laois . I have been doing invests around Ireland for years and only recently heard about this place . I also saw some tv crew did a invest there recently .Anyway if any one has done a investigation there would be interested to hear if you got much and would you recommend a visit .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Highly recommended great pint of porter to be got and very friendly bartender.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

we were in there about 8 years ago. nice people, nice place and really old building but we found that staff who were with us were making various attempts to make sounds and pretend it was paranormal, an even whispering so we might think we captured an EVP. I think the haunted part is for business purposes only, but thats only my opinion. plus that was years ago so maybe its different now.

Nice place and Sean is very nice. I heard about the TV show, i really liked their approach covering the history aspect of haunting's. But it seemed to just fall into that bracket of "haunted" Send a team with equipment in. With a psychic who will always find something. Which is a shame.

From what i remember Maccored recommended it as a joke to us to investigate. We in turn did the same to another group, who in turn .......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ghost Team189

Thanks lads . For some odd reason I seem to be developing a obsession for the building ,looks like I might be the next person to join the joke

Thanks lads . For some odd reason I seem to be developing a obsession for the building ,looks like I might be the next person to join the joke

To be honest, its unfairly classed as a joke, there are alot of other places worthy of the title. Use the experience to learn. The best thing you can learn is being objective. Dont be a yes man or woman.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

As an ex-member of Irish Ghost Hunters, I was present for the filming of the TV show, as I am hugely interested in the historical angle rather than the investigative one. Sadly, the night did focus on a more investigative/night-vision/most haunted approach, and I didn't experience anything particularly noteworthy. There was a toy boat hanging from the ceiling which was moving on its own, and at the time it was impressive. I've learned a lot since then, and since leaving the aforementioned team, I have become a much better investigator and I can now completely explain the incident rationally. As for the pub, the people are very friendly and welcome investigators, so by all means give it a look. It's a lovely building.

Advertisement