Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth rejecting (cheap) crowns?

Options
  • 21-04-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello,
    I had my old crowns (expensive) replaced with cheaper crowns in a practice in Dublin. I think they were €300 a crown so very cheap.

It has been two months now and while they look fine it feels like a have a lump of plate in my mouth that my body is trying to expel! My tongue is constantly thrusting at the back of them and I am waking up with a sore jaw due to the pressure.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Will my mouth ever adjust or will I have to get them replaced <sob>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

cerastes wrote:
    Why do you consider you have done something wrong, the vehicle must be fit for purpose and of merchantable and safe quality. Is there something you haven't mentioned? Did you waive any warranty or something for a lower price, not sure how that would work but within 5 days, I'd be looking for the car fixed or a replac Kent and be onto them sharp about it, I'd then be considering legal letters or getting legal advice if you get no answer or or are given short shrift from the dealer.

I had a similar issue with my first and only crown. Went to a dentist who saved me about 500 euro. It never felt right. I assumed that's just how they felt. It broke less then a year after I got it. In the end I got my money back after writing to the directors of the chain. Went back to my own dentist got it done and don't notice it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

Just add my own dentist was able to tell me why it failed used this info when making the complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Hello,
    I had my old crowns (expensive) replaced with cheaper crowns in a practice in Dublin. I think they were €300 a crown so very cheap.

It has been two months now and while they look fine it feels like a have a lump of plate in my mouth that my body is trying to expel! My tongue is constantly thrusting at the back of them and I am waking up with a sore jaw due to the pressure.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Will my mouth ever adjust or will I have to get them replaced <sob>?

Why did you get you old crowns replaced. They are very expensive but unfortunately sometimes cheap aint better. Go back to where you got them demand a refund. If you do not want to do a refund maybe get a filling but will fall out

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Thank you Gmaximum that is very helpful.

Martin I got the old ones replaced because they needed it. I had them 14 years so it was time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

They most likely don't fit properly hence the bite issues and the irritation. You might need them replaced. Getting a crown to fit well is a combination of the dentists time and skill and the laboratories skill and attention to detail. These things costs money, but worry more about the lost tooth structure which is never coming back.

Buy cheap and buy twice. Go get a second opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Thank you Gmaximum that is very helpful.

Martin I got the old ones replaced because they needed it. I had them 14 years so it was time.

Ah yes

Advertisement