Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel near Dublin airport for 1 night

Options
  • 21-04-2015 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi I am looking for a hotel close to Dublin airport for a Saturday night. Which one does a very regular shuttle so that we wont have to wait around. We have also booked parking in Dublin Airport red car park and as our flight is very early in the morning I am now wondering if we could drop the car the evening before and uses the shuttle. Would I be able to change my prepaid parking to include the evening before or is the red car park fairly close to the airport building ?
    I was thinking if it was wet that it would be nice to have done the car the night before and then take hotel shuttle to terminal building. any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bewleys is excellent I find for the price.

If you want a place that's actually walking distance to the terminals then the Radisson and the Clarion are what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

cson wrote: »
    Bewleys is excellent I find for the price.

Bewleys rooms are a good size, but the finish is very cheap & I find their beds & pillows don't make for the most comfortable nights sleep. Premier Inn can be had at a good rate if booked in advance & I found the rooms of a surprisingly high standard. They'd wanna rethink the dilapidated double decker shuttle bus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've used the Radisson, good rates, reliable shuttles, pleasant staff and comfy beds.. All within a 3 minute drive max to the terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

coleen wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for a hotel close to Dublin airport for a Saturday night. Which one does a very regular shuttle so that we wont have to wait around. We have also booked parking in Dublin Airport red car park and as our flight is very early in the morning I am now wondering if we could drop the car the evening before and uses the shuttle. Would I be able to change my prepaid parking to include the evening before or is the red car park fairly close to the airport building ?
    I was thinking if it was wet that it would be nice to have done the car the night before and then take hotel shuttle to terminal building. any advice welcome

Bewleys have a stay and park deal as well.

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport/parking

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bogeyman

I had the misfortune to recently book the Stay, Park and Fly deal advertsied by the Maldron Hotel at Dublin Airport. This hotel was previously known as the Clarion Hotel Dublin Airport.

The hotel advertises Stay, Park and Fly deals to attract customers. In my case, I paid €15 for two days parking which is described as "secure parking" by the hotel in their promotion material. On my return from the UK at 5.30pm I found that my back windscreen had been completely smashed. My battered old briefcase, which was completely hidden from view under a rain coat, was stolen. Thankfully, I had earlier removed anything valuable from the briefcase and it mostly contained paperwork.

When I walked around the hotel to see if my briefcase had been discarded somewhere nearby I noticed that another car had been similarly damaged and I had to bring this also to the attention of the hotel staff even though this was brought daylight in the afternoon. . The Gardaí who attended told me that there was a criminal gang operating in the area and they were aware of attacks on others cars at the location and that unfortunately they would not expect to get any images of usable quality from the CCTV system operated by the hotel.

Parking at Maldron Hotel - Dublin Airport

I am angry that the hotel management have not seen fit to provide a fit for purpose CCTV system to ensure the security of their "secure car park" even though they are actively promoting the Stay, Park and Fly package described as "secure parking". It seems obvious to me that do not have any patrolling security personnel, as if they had, surely the damaged cars would have been brought to the awareness of the hotel management at some point throughout the following day (the cars were targeted at night).

My car was alarmed and I made sure to park under a floodlight in the car park. I believe the hotel is ignoring the security issues in their own car park despite promoting their "secure car park". They do not have a fit for purpose CCTV system if the Gardaí regard it as of no value. The hotel proprietors need to provide a walk around security presence at night to protect customers' cars from this kind of attack if they are taking a premium from customers for "secure parking" at the hotel. I have spoken to another customer similarly victimised and they share my concerns about the inadequate security at this hotel. The fact that the hotel staff appeared unaware that customers' cars had been damaged in this way is truly remarkable given the fact that it is actually quite a small car park. Perhaps they were fully aware that the cars were damaged and wanted us to go away quietly without bothering them?

If you have already booked to stay and park at this hotel, I would strongly recommend that you park as near to the front of the reception area as you possibly can and never park around the back of the hotel. Unfortunately, I parked my car late at night and didn't see the abundantly scattered broken glass on the ground until I returned during daylight hours to retrieve my car following my return flight. Clearly, a criminal gang is targeting this hotel and customers will continue to have their cars damaged in this manner until effective security is provided.

• Advertisement
Advertisement