Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside drain blocked?

Options
  • 21-04-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Drainpipe coming from the kitchen sink seems to be blocked or not correctly connected.
    Tried a few sinks of boiling water but not shifting. Seems to be leaking before it gets to the main pipe and then flowing down the yard....

Tried using a stick to see if the main drain is clogged but doesn't seem to be changing anything. The water level is quite high in that pipe too.

House is only 12 years old...

Anyone any ideas? Might get some caustic soda in the morning and throw some down there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

davelafaro wrote: »
    Drainpipe coming from the kitchen sink seems to be blocked or not correctly connected.
    Tried a few sinks of boiling water but not shifting. Seems to be leaking before it gets to the main pipe and then flowing down the yard....

Tried using a stick to see if the main drain is clogged but doesn't seem to be changing anything. The water level is quite high in that pipe too.

House is only 12 years old...

Anyone any ideas? Might get some caustic soda in the morning and throw some down there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Need mor info...

When you say "flowing down the yard"... where is the last point you can trace it back to thats not the yard?
    What makes you think its blocked? Is the sink backing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davelafaro

Thanks for the reply Jimmy_M.

It's overflowing at the pipe right outside the kitchen and flowing down the yard from there.

No problem with the sink at all, just this pipe. So when I use the kitchen sink the pipe outside overflows. I really don't know if the overflowing drain is attached to a main pipe but if it is, perhaps that's blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davelafaro

Problem solved!

It was the main pipe....

Found a cover near the kitchen drain, buried under the stones and had to stick a bin bag over my arm and just get in there to dislodge whatever was causing the build up.
    Thanks for your help all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Ah the old bin bag over the arm trick.

I was in a '****ty' situation a few months back and had to dislodge a blockage from the outside sewer using the same thechnique.

Advertisement