Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Search - Help needed

Options
  • 21-04-2015 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, I've been trying to find a store that sells a particular brand of wine that I had in a restaurant in Kilkenny a small while back. I've checked around but i've never been able to find it.

Would anyone in the Dublin/Wicklow area know anywhere that might sell Cormons Pinot Grigio? I think it was a 2011 bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,384 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your best bet is to ask the restaurant to say which distributor they buy from, then ask that distributor if they supply any retail stores or chains. Don't be surprised if they don't - restaurants don't like it when you can work out their markup vs. retail.

If sales rep. from a wine distributor goes into a restaurant, one of the first things the proprietor is going to ask is: 'can my customers buy this wine in Londis/Spar/Tesco/Centra etc?'

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

I got in touch with the restaurant and they told me that they imported directly from Italy and that they don't serve that particular bottle any more as newer years were not as good as the 2011 vintage. So i suppose that ends my search haha.

Advertisement