Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair user deals

Options
  • 21-04-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've recently been in a car accident & am in a wheelchair as a result. Thankfully only temporarily. A few people have mentioned to me that you get discounts in certain places for being in a chair, or your companion does. I'm wondering. If anyone knows where there's a list of these offers, I've tried the IWA site but no luck.

A friend seemed to think the cinema offered a free ticket to my carer but our local omniplex doesn't. We have been in to Dublin zoo for free which was great. There are few benefits to being laid up like this so any suggestions appreciated!

I'm in Dublin by the way, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi Portobellogirl,

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you have a good and full recovery!

Unfortunately this isn't the place for this post, I am going to move it to Bargain Alert Requests, but I think it might actually be more suitable for the Long Term Illness forum, but I am not sure. If you would like me to move it to there please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Odeon and vue cinemas are usually free for carers, but not for new blockbusters. Normally when the movie has been out about 3 weeks its free, is what we where told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi Portobellogirl,

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you have a good and full recovery!

Unfortunately this isn't the place for this post, I am going to move it to Bargain Alert Requests, but I think it might actually be more suitable for the Long Term Illness forum, but I am not sure. If you would like me to move it to there please let me know.

Accessibility/Disability forum might be a better option http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=384

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

wilser wrote: »
    Odeon and vue cinemas are usually free for carers, but not for new blockbusters. Normally when the movie has been out about 3 weeks its free, is what we where told

Cineworld (Parnell St. Dublin) also offers carers a free seat. I don't know whether a similar restriction applies to new releases.

Advertisement