Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Google Sent-to-Car app

Options
  • 21-04-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Peposhi, Have you used the Google send maps to car yet ?

I downloaded https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jvanier.android.sendtocar&hl=en

Then go to google maps on your mobile slide up the screen from the bottom and click "share link" then send to car.

Go into the maps settings and then the Google send to car and it should then pull down the map data from your phone. Pretty Cool !

Courtesy of Mad_Lad, I think this makes the Nav System (on the Leaf) now usable. Searching for a location on the Leaf Sat Nav is a complete pain in the a$$ - this app is magic!

Comments

It's a shame you can't send a route to the leaf Nav, it sends only the coordinates then the Leaf Nav does it's own route calculation. To alter it is a pain in the ass, you have to select waypoints. Not a major big deal just a pain.

Any stand alone nav unit is always going to be worse than google maps so this isn't unique to the Leaf.

Last night I tried to send a route to the Leaf and it sent the wrong coordinates so this is something to be aware of, check on the Leaf Nav unit before you set off. It was perfect the last few times I tried it.

Sending a route to the leaf would have been just amazing, in fact if the Leaf had built in Google maps that would have been just perfect. I mean after all it has internet connectivity !

Having said that being able to find a business or anywhere that's not on the Leaf Nav by using your mobile is terrific.

You can also do this from your Laptop/PC.

Install the Chrome to phone extension in Chrome.

Install Chrome to phone app on phone then when you get the location in google maps in your browser you click send to phone and it will open on your mobile and you can share via the send to car app.

It's easier to send direct from the mobile but handy if you want to do it from your browser.

Advertisement