Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENGAGE EDUCATION FEES

Options
  • 21-04-2015 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am a NQT and was thinking of going over to the UK to get a job. I have heard that Engage Education are a good company to go with. I have talked to some of their employees but I am not sure if I am getting the full story in regards to their fee. They have told me of an Iday which they cover all expenses for yet when it comes to my wages and any reductions they may take from it their responses appear to be non committed and a bit iffy. I understand that they must make their money from somewhere so can someone who has perhaps gone with Engage Education please enlighten me as to how much money they take from my wages and will they be open about this??? Much thanks :)

Moved to teaching abroad, do a search for engage there OP, I think there are a few threads on it. :Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

They don't take money from your wages. They are paid by the schools themselves to source teachers. You will be most likely be paid by JSA - an umbrella company that will sort out tax, NI and so on. JSA will take £30 per week of your wage to do so. You get paid weekly and £120 a day. You only get paid for the days you work. You can submit expenses - rent, transport and lunch will you reduce the amount of tax paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irel10

They don't take money from your wages. They are paid by the schools themselves to source teachers. You will be most likely be paid by JSA - an umbrella company that will sort out tax, NI and so on. JSA will take £30 per week of your wage to do so. You get paid weekly and £120 a day. You only get paid for the days you work. You can submit expenses - rent, transport and lunch will you reduce the amount of tax paid.

@bRÓ;naim cád: do you know how often this tax is given back? is it on a yearly basis? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Weekly. You're paid weekly. So your weekly wages fluctuates slightly from week to week depending on how much expenses you submit.

Advertisement