Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure on what to do

Options
  • 21-04-2015 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone could advise me on a situation i am in. I had three interviews for internships last week for the summer. I got an email this morning being offered a place and to call up Friday to basically sign up.

My problem is i want to wait and see how the others pan out and weigh up all my options. I am not sure how to approach it if i tell them i want to weigh up my options they might tell me where to go. Then if i don't get the other offers i will have no internship.

Has anybody any advice on how to approach this situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

It's a tough one. Presumably if you interviewed for this place then you wanted a job there...?

You have an offer. You might not get any offer from the other 2 places. if you drag your heels on this offer it may be withdrawn and there's no guarantee that you'll get an offer from either of the other 2.

I wouldn't mention that you are 'waiting for a better offer' (which is what they will hear of you say anything). Maybe just ask them for some time to think about it. They may give you a deadline for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

"..A bird in the hand is worth three in the bush, etc etc.."

Take the offer and if something better turns up later Then you can consider your options. Waiting around in the hope of something better turning up means you could be waiting a long time.
    Get yourself started and move on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭skallywag

When are you expecting feedback from the other two?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Three options:
    1- take the job and be happy with it.
    2- take the job and see how the other pan out, if you get a better offer jump ship.
    3- fluff it for a while, tell them you are away and make an appointment for the following week, see what comes along.

Personally I'd take the job, the others may or may not come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Today is only Tuesday. Confirm you will be in on Friday to sign up & ring the others if you haven't heard anything by Thursday. Chances are if you haven't heard anything by then you are not in the running anyway, however ask them for feedback on your interview.

You will then be in a better position to decide on the offer that is on the table, however if I was you I would take it unless you are definitely offered something else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement