Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Garda Tips

Options
  • 20-04-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

I 'think' this is the place to ask this. I had a bit of s snoop in the Tips section and didn't get very far so...

I am heading to Lake Garda in September with my 67y/o mother for a week. Staying in Peschiera del Garda.

It will be 10 years nearly to the day since our last trip to Lake Garda. We stayed in Arco (above Riva del Garda) last time as my aunt and uncle lived there (since moved to Malaga!).

I have been on TripAdvisor, the Visit Garda website etc looking for tips but was wondering if any of the lovely Travel Boardsies had any tips for things to do/see/places to eat in the area.

Won't be driving (I don't think. Must have words there!). So it'l be train/bus/the ferry to get around.

Am hoping she'l go to Gardaland/Movieland. I know she won't go to Caneva Aquapark. She is considering the Tandem Paraglide from the top of Monte Baldo in Malcesine (I didn't know she'd want to but :) ). Then we are thinking of going to Venice for a day - last in Venice 3yr this October for two weeks and we love the place. I may have found a fantastic wine tasting/vineyard tour for us which is brilliant.

But yea so feel free to tip away. Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Peschiera del Garda is a great base with the train lines going direct to Venice, Verona, Bergamo, Milan.
    You could also buy a ferry ticket to hop on/off at the many little towns and villages on the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

A train trip to Bergamo is well worth a day. Lovely little old town at the top of the hill and easy to get around.

You'll even have the chance to hop on a funicular which is a word I didn't think I'd get to use today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ooh there is a furnicular in Bergamo? I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Will deffo be going up the cable car in Malcesine to the top of Monte Baldo whether we parasail or just go for the view but nice to know there is a furnicular in Bergamo. Interesting.

Edited cos brain not screwed on!

Advertisement