Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 2006 aux

Options
  • 20-04-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys could anybody help me please,
    Just recently bought an 06 Ford Focus ZETEC Model.
    Wanted to use the AUX option with the button on the radio. Now iv'e read here that people say you have to connect from the radio to the glove box. I bought that connection part. I also have the keys for it.

Just is there any body on here that was successful at doing it and could talk me through it please?
    Can't find any videos online to talk me through it.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ciara.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Take out the radio and glove box drill a hole in the top of the glove box beside the catch for the lock there is a flat part fix aux cable.
    Fish the cable through to the back of the radio and plug it in.

Thats about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I did it too - it is very easy as martinr says. Only difference is I removed one of the blank buttons below the radio (beside the heated window buttons) and put the port there, so I can plug the phone in & out easily.

Sounds like you've got all you need to do it. Just be careful not to snag any cables when pushing the radio back in

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaraljsmith

Dardania wrote: »
    I did it too - it is very easy as martinr says. Only difference is I removed one of the blank buttons below the radio (beside the heated window buttons) and put the port there, so I can plug the phone in & out easily.

Sounds like you've got all you need to do it. Just be careful not to snag any cables when pushing the radio back in

Do you know which part it is I need to buy for my Radio?? Its the Ford 6000CD and it seems that the adapter I bought doesn't fit into my radio as there is no room?

Take out the radio and glove box drill a hole in the top of the glove box beside the catch for the lock there is a flat part fix aux cable.
    Fish the cable through to the back of the radio and plug it in.

Thats about it really.

Do you know which part it is I need to buy for my Radio?? Its the Ford 6000CD and it seems that the adapter I bought doesn't fit into my radio as there is no room?

There is only one aux cable available.
    Did you buy it from a dealer ??

There is one big multiplug plug on the back of the radio it pushes into that it will only go in one way.

• Advertisement

There is one big multiplug plug on the back of the radio it pushes into that it will only go in one way.

I bought it off amazon yes.
    There isn't a slot for my part at all doesn't seem to fit in anywhere

I bought it off amazon yes.
    There isn't a slot for my part at all doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. I had to take another plug in part out to fit in my one?

I bought it off amazon yes. There isn't a slot for my part at all doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. I had to take another plug in part out to fit in my one?

The ford number is 1426121.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

This is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-MP3-I-pod-Aux-in-Connection-kit-Genuine-fiesta-focus-transit-c-max-1426121-/171026479631?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:IE:3160

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    There's loads here:

I have that part already. but when I go to plug it into the back of my radio there is no space to do so. I have two plug in adapters already into the big slot that they go into to? A black one and a white one? I found online that somebody said if the white adapter plug in is already in place there should be a place in the glovebox when you remove it its like a red adapter to put the aux into but i cant find that??

Dardania wrote: »
    This is the one I bought:

I have that part already. but when I go to plug it into the back of my radio there is no space to do so. I have two plug in adapters already into the big slot that they go into to? A black one and a white one? I found online that somebody said if the white adapter plug in is already in place there should be a place in the glovebox when you remove it its like a red adapter to put the aux into but i cant find that??

It could already be wired for an aux cable and the other end is taped to the wiring harness running above the glove box.
    You will still need to install the socket in the glove box though.

Advertisement