Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Query

Options
  • 20-04-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi all,

I decided to stick with an Irish dentist rather that going abroad for treatment. I have some extensive work to be done.
    I’ve had a few visits so far and want to query the charges.

1st visit-3 fillings done in same area. Full charge of €90/ filling. Total €270. 40 mins in the surgery.
    2nd visit-2 fillings done in same area. Full charge of €90/ filling. Total €180. 40 mins in the surgery.

I understand that each filling must be paid for and I’m glad to get a few done in one visit.

My query-Charging the full price for work done in the same area under (I think) the same anaesthetic. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Just spotted that this may be against the forum charter. If it is can a mod please delete.

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

[QUOTE=Makood;95156785

My query-Charging the full price for work done in the same area under (I think) the same anaesthetic. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Thats like asking a mechanic will he charge nothing extra to change the timing belt because the water pump which hes paid to change is in the same area.

OP if the dentist is doing 3 teeth in the same area hes not using the same amount of local as if he was doing one.

You're also paying for his time and expertise in doing them

Thats like asking a mechanic will he charge nothing extra to change the timing belt because the water pump which hes paid to change is in the same area.

OP if the dentist is doing 3 teeth in the same area hes not using the same amount of local as if he was doing one.

You're also paying for his time and expertise in doing them

I'm not questioning him charging for the fillings. I am questioning charging the full price for each. Time as stated in OP was 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Makood wrote: »
    I'm not questioning him charging for the fillings. I am questioning charging the full price for each. Time as stated in OP was 40 minutes.

Generally dentistry is charged by the items of treatment done, exam, clean, filling, extractions...
    Not by the time taken to do the treatment... If that was the case, we'd be accused of dragging out a 30 minute job into an hour job....!!

Generally dentistry is charged by the items of treatment done, exam, clean, filling, extractions...
    Not by the time taken to do the treatment... If that was the case, we'd be accused of dragging out a 30 minute job into an hour job....!!

That's what I wanted to hear. If what I paid wasn't the norm I would question it on my next appointment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement